Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

15 grand in parts runnin 15's!

Old 08-04-2003, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you guys are confused about some things. Just because one person is kind of crooked doesn't mean a whole shop is crooked. Chad is a great guy. There could be someone there that is quite crooked, I will keep my mouth shut because I have morals. You guys need to stop degrading shops just because you heard something from somebody's brother that heard something from his friend. Half these knuckleheads out here trying to build a car say "I want this and I want that! I don't care if it doesn't match up right, I want it because the magazine or my friend had this and that and made this much power blah blah". Half the people that go to shops building their first little street car are all spun out and don't know what they want, they talk to like 20 different people and get completely off track of what they wanted. Then the shop they decide to have do the work has to deal with all the craziness that comes along with these people. I know 2 EXCELLENT people at Blue Oval Corral that are honest. Chad is one of them.

"Gripping the wheel his knuckles went white with desire, the wheels of his mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45. True death. 400 horsepower of maximum performance piercing the night, this is Black Sunshine"

Last edited by BlackSunshine; 08-04-2003 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:40 PM

Default goopster

lets think about this logically....let me set a scenario for you...a new customer comes in... asks about a car out side that has a for sale on it, guy working behind the counter says.... Thats our car, we had the customer spend $15k on the car and it runs 15.80's.... that sounds like some kind of sales pitch to me...your statements have no basis for reality, if ANYONE on this board has any questions regarding the car we are talking about please call Alan Stathos at Cars Unlimited in Tampa and find out WHAT the truth is about the car, ask him if he still wants to sell it or ask if he has decided to keep it once we are done with correcting the car from the prior OWNERS mistake, im not going to flame the prior shop that worked on it because i dont believe it was there fault.As far as what has happened with Blue Oval in the past...let me state this.... Blue Oval Corral is nothing like all this bullcrap that u may have heard in the past, we run our business legally, i dare any person to find one stolen part in our shop.

chad
Old 08-04-2003, 08:44 PM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

yea maybe so,But I still say he is crooked.
He is calling me a liar when he told me everything that I came here with and wrote down verbatum...
so him callin me a liar doesn't really draw me closer to a friendship with him.
Plus as Jomar stated, chopshop.
walk in there and what does it look like?
I question buying anything from a shop like that.... thats jsut me though and my sole oppinion only.....
Old 08-04-2003, 10:11 PM
refinish artist

then why did you go there?

RIP Chester P.Anderson Jr.9/23/05 I love you dad,and miss you very much.

RIP Kevin"Slo SI" 9/13/06,we will miss you homie,time heals wounds but you will never be forgotten
Old 08-05-2003, 04:18 AM

Default the shop

why would u write a conversation down verbatum?...do u do that with all of your conversations?, it just doesnt make any sense why i would tell someone that we built a customers car and that it was an absolute turd....as far as being a chop shop...how many chop shops do u know of that have been in business for 12 years? as i said invite your friends, police officers, whoever u want. We buy race cars and wrecked cars and part them out, we are a salvage facility, so if im a chop shop i guess every junkyard in the world is a chop shop? Is MPS a chop shop for being a salvage facility? Your logic and statements have no validity, i have stepped up to the plate to back myself and my shop up...your turn...

chad
Old 08-05-2003, 02:01 PM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Originally posted by 351coupe
then why did you go there?
to ask how much he wanted to overcharge me on a pair of tires.
O and yea thats overcharge, by about 50 dollars more than somewhere else in the bay area.....
Old 08-05-2003, 02:12 PM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Default Re: the shop

Originally posted by n8secstangg
why would u write a conversation down verbatum?...do u do that with all of your conversations?, it just doesnt make any sense why i would tell someone that we built a customers car and that it was an absolute turd....as far as being a chop shop...how many chop shops do u know of that have been in business for 12 years? as i said invite your friends, police officers, whoever u want. We buy race cars and wrecked cars and part them out, we are a salvage facility, so if im a chop shop i guess every junkyard in the world is a chop shop? Is MPS a chop shop for being a salvage facility? Your logic and statements have no validity, i have stepped up to the plate to back myself and my shop up...your turn...

chad
why would I not write verbatum?
ask yourself that simple question one time....
I would write it that way because if I did not I would be a (????)
LIAR.
It was written how u told me, so go back and reread it again cause I never posted anything you didn't say to me.
And that includes the "why i would tell someone that we built a customers car and that it was an absolute turd"
I never said u built shit.
I said u bought the car from a carlot which bought it from a guy....
I know for a fact you have bought stolen shit.
You may not know it but I know a person who has sold you something and it was damn sure stolen....
I wont mention a name because there is no need to and I wont mention what was sold but let it be know that you have bought stolen goods.....
I am positive you cant be sure about everything that comes in your shop and whether or not its stolen or not stolen.
and as far as stepping up to the plate and backing your shop up.
I am sorry, stepping up to the plate didn't get you any new buyers there, you saw all the people here who have heard things bout the shop or will never buy there.

Chris....
Old 08-05-2003, 07:28 PM
SLOW

Originally posted by FordMan
I have been into Mustangs since day one of the Fox platform and I can tell you back in the early 90's no one trusted the work of Blue Oval. Seems nothing as changed.

As I mentioned before I helped fix another member of this sites car after it just had a motor put in it by Blue Oval. He brough it over because it wouldn't run right. Long story short the distributor was 180 degreess out and it had to plug wires melted to the rusted ass headers. There was also plenty of other half assed wiring etc. on it but no need to go there.

Seems like the concensus about Blue Oval speaks for itself.
scott, i know who u are talking about. i took him i dont know how many times to pick that car up from Jody. and everytime we called before we left and he said it was ready. but when we got there it was another story. and when the damn thing finally ran, he couldnt get it to run right. so we took it home anyways, and thats when u guys found out the distrubtor was turned 180. i was there when u guys dynod the car for the first time after they put the motor in. i drive the black 89 lx 5.0. that was the day u guys put the other carb on his car also. i think Jody, and Jeff are worthless. and its funny that Jeff listens to Opera while working on cars, and Jody is never there and he leaves Chad to clean up his dirty work.

with that said Scott, how is Mark's car running? did he ever sell all his stuff off the accord and put it back to stock? Tell him Cliff said whats up...
Old 08-06-2003, 05:52 AM

Default 95% happy, 5% disgruntled???

the comments here are as old as the day is long in the speed shop business, this is Jeff, i dont own the shop anymore, just around to make sure the 13 years of 95% happy customers are still taken care of, i cared when i owned it, and i still care more about the customers than i do the profit...i sleep pretty good at night, for two reasons... i bust my ass for the mustang owners, so of course im tired and and that 95% happy customer base, keeps me content. My definition of failure : is trying to please everyone! ( it cant be done, no speed shop or anyother business, here in tampa or anywhere else ......theres no reason for me to defend Blue Oval, cause like i said i just work here now, so my pay is the same , whether or not, some small group has petty gripes, while the rest of the mustang world is satisfied, im sure the small griping group is mad more about being shown tailights by the 95% "Jeff@ BLUE OVAL" tuned mustangs than
anyother buillshit rumors. and one more thing , this chris guy???
whoever you are, it sounds like you are around the stolen parts
since you stated you knoew the people stealing them? nice tampa racing member you are! anyone who has something to say? say it it to me, doubt you have the male parts to ,as , it hasnt happened since blue oval opened in 1990? 13 years of 95% happy , mustang owners nationwide , hmmm, guess were ok with it.