Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Zex Kit ?? Wet or Dry ??

Old 07-19-2003, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zex Kit ?? Wet or Dry ??

What is everyones opinions on the Zex kit ? I have an 02 Mustang GT pretty much stock. I am looking to run a 75 - 100 shot, but am unsure of which works best for 02 GT's. I have heard the puddle problems with plastic intakes running wet kits and the running lean issues with the dry kits, so now I am unsure if their is a safe way to run nitrous on an 02 GT ( Guidance please !)

I have been looking at the Zex kits since the claim to be the safest kit out with their Patented "all in the purple box" gimmick.

Please post anything and everything I should do (spare no minor detail), and also which kit has worked the best for 02 GT's.

I really appreciate everyones help !

-Rob
Old 07-19-2003, 01:13 PM
drives euro trash

Default Re: Zex Kit ?? Wet or Dry ??

Originally posted by 02SilverStanger
What is everyones opinions on the Zex kit ? I have an 02 Mustang GT pretty much stock. I am looking to run a 75 - 100 shot, but am unsure of which works best for 02 GT's. I have heard the puddle problems with plastic intakes running wet kits and the running lean issues with the dry kits, so now I am unsure if their is a safe way to run nitrous on an 02 GT ( Guidance please !)

I have been looking at the Zex kits since the claim to be the safest kit out with their Patented "all in the purple box" gimmick.

Please post anything and everything I should do (spare no minor detail), and also which kit has worked the best for 02 GT's.

I really appreciate everyones help !

-Rob
Well...as far as I know, the Zex kit is a dry kit. When you are "on the spray" a little black box connected to your fuel pressure regulartor via a vacuum hose cranks up your fuel pressure. At least thats how I think it works.

Another good one is the Venom nitrous system. It hooks in through your ECU and will not activiate under any lean conditions. You can also preset different progressive settings and whatnot. It isn't cheap, but its pretty cool as far as out-of-the-box nitrous kits go.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:46 AM
whoopdy fucking do!

i had the zex kit, it just runs pressure over the fuel pressure regulator to raise the psi of the injectors.... which adds more fuel.......... there are jets to make it richer or leaner, on the fuel pressure hookup and the nitrous hookup...........

it basically works like an nos dry kit, but with everything in the box.................

as far as if it actually does trim the psi to the fuel reg acccording to the bottle pressure i dont know if it really does or not.....

seeing as how there are jets in place, any larges scale adjustment would be impossible........

and for 99up returnless stangs, i dont see how the kit would work........... so id go with another kit, a wet kit or a direct port/nosZle kit

for the amount of nitrous your going to run, id reccomend the wet kit, and just get a window switch and a WOT switch..........

if you set the kit to come on about 3k you shouldnt have any puddling issues.................
Old 07-24-2003, 08:46 PM
Mechanical Engineer

i have a zex kit i am trying to sell if you want it. two bottles have gone through it. it is brand new almost. i have all the brackets, nuts and bolts for it. i am asking $550 for it,purgekit and a full bottle. directions and boxes are included. the fuses and wires come with it, along with the switches for the nitrous and purge. please call me and i will let you know more. 727-785-5196 and ask for dustin. it is a 55- 75 adjustible dry kit. plenty safe for your car, even with the plastic intake manifold, dont worry. even the tap comes with it! i will even give you 8 brand new ngk spark plugs for the coldness range you might want. they will be one cold range colder than the stock ones. it is the easiest damn kit to use also.

Mechanical Engineer - Naval Surface Warfare Center PCD, Marine Corps. Counter IED Development

USF Formula and Baja racing Alumni/Consultant

Last edited by black91gt5.0; 07-24-2003 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:16 AM
World Skee-Ball Champion

Originally posted by stangerang
...if you set the kit to come on about 3k you shouldnt have any puddling issues...
I take it the fuel puddles when intake air velocity is too low? I've been trying to figure out the puddling deal.

► Home Buying & Selling Finance Tips ◄
[/b]
Old 07-26-2003, 11:22 AM
whoopdy fucking do!

Originally posted by NitroGlycerin
I take it the fuel puddles when intake air velocity is too low? I've been trying to figure out the puddling deal.
from what i've read, it is from the motor being out of the powerband, and not swallowing the fuel, and or going extremely rich so yes on the velocity......

and it can puddle if the soleniod leaks, and if you run a wet kit without a purge, you will have a bunch of fuel being dumped in with no nitrous, which can also create and extremely rich condition and possible intake backfire...........

but to answer the velocity question, that seems to be the biggest problem, just not enough velocity to swallow all the fuel and boom!
Old 07-27-2003, 11:43 AM
Mechanical Engineer

so how about the nitrous kit 02silverstanger?

Mechanical Engineer - Naval Surface Warfare Center PCD, Marine Corps. Counter IED Development

USF Formula and Baja racing Alumni/Consultant
Old 07-27-2003, 01:24 PM
200 SHOT

Yeah it's broken
-Cobra block
-Cobra crank
-Diamond pistons
-Eagle rods
-NOSzle Kit
-Bottle Heater
-QA1 K-Member