The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

Cops and professional coutesy

Old 11-16-2009, 02:49 AM
Bondsman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cops and professional coutesy

TWICE within the last month, HCSO and Pasco SO has arrested thier own firefighters for B.S. DUI's. Neither was on the job. Both BARELY blew over the limit. Okay was they wrong for driving? Sure.....Here is the kicker. Both were told by the deputies that it is against the law to not take the Breathylizer. This is B.S!!! You do not have to take the test. If you do, You are guaranteed not to get the charge dropped or reduced. This has become a big business for the local Sheriff's , Courts, Probation, DUI school owers (deputies), and whoever else get a piece of the thousands it cost for your 1st DUI.

Do I feel they should not be charged? Well, what happened to an officer doing a roadside subriety test.....(firefighter) "I told the officer I had 2 beers" (Officer) does the test, roadside tests "okay, your not drunk but you need to call for a ride" OR if they were DRUNK, tell them how taking the test, if they do, will effect thier careers forever!!!!

Taking them to jail is one thing, lying to people and telling they HAVE to take the test is WAY OUT OF LINE...IT IS A LIE SO THE COPS CAN BE SURE YOU WILL BE CONVICTED AND LOOSE YOUR JOB! NICE WAY TO RUN UP YOUR ARREST COUNT FOR THE MONTH!

Last edited by GNs-r-slow; 11-16-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:01 AM
Made Of Scars

I almost thought this was a Morgan and Morgan commercial.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:55 AM
I can fix your bullshit

I hear what your saying but none of us would get a break ....
Old 11-16-2009, 05:11 AM

Attorney time
Really, firefighter's know how first hand how bad a DUI can be, they have no excuse to be driving under the influence, and I'm not sure they should get a break, or the cops either for that matter, and I'm a firefighter.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:23 AM
Redneck Yatchclub member

Dude I hate to tell ya this but if you operated a vehicle in the state of Florida and posess a FLA D/L then you have to submit to a breathalizer.....

"IMPLIED CONSENT LAW – . This concept was adopted by the Florida Legislature. It means that if a person elects to drive a vehicle on the state’s roadways (or even a pedal bike), then the person also implicitly agrees to submit to giving an evidence sample for alcohol. And if you don’t, you lose your privilege of driving."

Also if a LEO lets a person off (no matter who or what they do for a living) then they are held liable if the intoxicated person has an accident, gets into a fight,ect,ect,ect....Would you put your job,carreer,life on the line for someone DUMB enough to get behind the whell of a car while drunk??? Yeah back in the day there was a professional courtesy involved with situations like this. Blame the modern lawyers and sue crazy assholes in this country....not the cops who are just trying to do there job.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:32 AM
banana republic

Shamus is correct. Refusing to take the breathalyzer is a guarantee to loose your drivers license. In fact, I think thats the way it works. If they pull you over and ask you to take one, and you refuse, they yank your license. (I could be wrong, but thats the way it was in Wa. state.)

Also, the cops and firefighters should be held to a higher standard than anyone else. The cops are the enforcers of the law, and should not be allowed to break the laws they enforce. IMO, they should have stiffer penalties. It really burns my ass when I am doing the speed limit, and a cop blazes past me with no lights or siren on. Then I see him down the road at the local Subway a minute later ordering his lunch. THAT'S BS right there. Or when they flip on the lights just so they can run a red light and I find em at the same Subway ordering lunch. F- them! I hope they are convicted and loose everything. I bet they don't make the same mistake twice.

.08 is the law. It is also why I don't even have ONE beer when I go out with my wife. I simply won't take the chance that I would get a ticket, or make a mistake and actually hit someone. If they don't know any better, then they shouldn't be on the force.

Originally Posted by rotarykidd
maybe i just like rainbows and puke, who says it has to be a gay thing?

Last edited by 95coBraSVT; 11-16-2009 at 05:39 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:08 AM
Bondsman

Originally Posted by 95coBraSVT
Shamus is correct. Refusing to take the breathalyzer is a guarantee to loose your drivers license. In fact, I think thats the way it works. If they pull you over and ask you to take one, and you refuse, they yank your license. (I could be wrong, but thats the way it was in Wa. state.)
They take your license if you get a DUI whether you take it or not. If you submit your eligible for a hardship in 60 days.....if you do not submit you have to wait 90 days. That is the only difference

If you read the whole thing, I'm not saying to let them walk completely, but dont lie to everyone, these 2 were just examples.

Take the test if you want too....Any attorney will tell you DO NOT TAKE ANY TESTS. As soon as you submit your convicted, PERIOD. Dont bother to spend the money for an attorney at that point
Old 11-16-2009, 06:09 AM

You dont HAVE to take the breathalyzer.
Yes there will be consequences if you dont.

I've had a DUI in the past and I know the process. If you are going to blow over the legel limit you are going to be arrested and lose your license for 1 year anyway.

Now if you think you are border line and not sure but you can appear sober,.. or at least fake it pretty good. DONT BLOW. You are on camera from the second you got pulled over. When I got my DUI I was stopped because I had a tail light out. Not because I had erratic driving. If you were stopped in this manner and it turns into a DUI stop you can beat it. Do not breath into the breathalyzer. You will be arrested. Your not getting out of that part of it. If you blow over the limit,.. you were going to be arrested anyway! You were going to lose your license for 12 months anyway! Only if you dont give them a breath test you dont give then the proof they need to prove you were over the limit. Any half baked lawyer can get you off with probation before judgement and you may not lose your license even though its mandatory that you do for refusing the breathalyzer. The key facter in beating it will be you,.. you and your actions,.. you and your demeanor. They are going to bring you into the station and keep you in front of a camera. You MUST remain vigilant and in control. If your piss drunk,.. slurring your speech,.. falling out of chairs,.. unable to walk,.. forget it. You deserve what you get. But if your a little toasty yet still in control of your faculty's you can beat a DUI charge. You just have to avoid giving them any evidence to convict you of it.

I had a friend up north who beat it with a good attorney. It cost him $5000. But his drivers license remained clean and he learned his lesson. My DUI cost me $3500 for my lawyer,.. he and the states attorney had an agreement where I was to get a Probation Before Judgement. Basically all I had to do was be good for 12 months and no pts go on my record. How ever when I went to court the judge over ruled the states attorney. He said because I had a CDL license that I didnt respect the privilege. Even though I was in my personal car and not driving commercially didnt matter. The fact that I was 24 yrs old and never had a speeding ticket,.. not even so much as a parking ticket didnt matter. The only break he cut me was reducing the 12 pts down to 8 pts. Whoopty do. I still lost my CDL status and I still lost my license for 12 months. Took me 8 months before I could get a hardship license. Also,.. besides the $3500 I paid my lawyer I had to pay a $1000 fine, $500 court costs, $500 to some kind of MADD fund, 100 hours of community service which also cost $75 and then 6 months of alcohol and drug awareness class which cost $250. So tell me? Would it have been better if I refused the breathalyzer or not? I dont drink like I used to,.. but occationally I have a few beers with my father inlaw and I still drive home. If I am ever pulled over for what ever reason and it turns into a DUI stop,.. I will refuse the breathalyzer.

Hurst

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
"We all heart the Hurst"

Last edited by Hurstmeister; 11-16-2009 at 06:13 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:11 AM
Bondsman

Originally Posted by Shamus O'Toole
Dude I hate to tell ya this but if you operated a vehicle in the state of Florida and posess a FLA D/L then you have to submit to a breathalizer......
I hate to tell you but your wrong! On the second DUI you can / will get a charge. That charge is refusal to submit to testing. I deal with this everyday, this is how I make a living. I follow the case, every case that I write, from the day the bond is written till the day I discharge the bond, ie: probation, charges dropped, reduced ect. I have to submit the final dispo on every case to close it. DUI's are probable 50% of most any bonds everyday with ANY bondsman

Last edited by GNs-r-slow; 11-16-2009 at 06:15 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:17 AM
Bondsman

Hills and Pasco dont give breathe test till your at the jail, they dont have capabilities to do this from thier cars