The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

Blackberry Storm

Old 11-24-2008, 12:59 PM
NEEDS A COUPE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95coBraSVT
Actually, driving the 67 can be a necessity at times. I have 4 vehicles, and only 3 drivers in the household. The 4th vehicle is just as much a toy as it is a back up. So, it all depends on the day as to whether or not it is a necessity.

Missingstang,
Are you in a position in the military which would "require" you to have instant internet access? I highly doubt it. Did you know that Obama is actually going to be forced to give up his blackberry when he takes office? It's so he can't just post up sensitive things with reckless abandon. If you are out in the sandbox in the military, you will most likely be forced to give it up anyway. If you get deployed, you will be paying for a phone you won't be able to use. That would seriously suck. Yes, I WAS in the military....20 years ago. Back then, cell phones were a large box hauled around by doctors and SOMETIMES lawyers. Technology has come a long way. But, back then, no-one in the military really had a need for a cell phone. Especially not while deployed.

But, yeah, enjoy your toy. It's newness will wear off in a few months, and you will still be saddled with the payments for the service. Of course, if you weren't paying for the service for that phone, you would be paying for it for another. So enjoy it while it lasts I guess. It's the small things in life sometimes, that make us happy. Right?

Stay safe.

*edit* I had no idea you were in the Coast Guard. Guess you won't be going to the sandbox anytime soon. LOL I never really considered the Coast Guard a part of the "military" before, but hey, I guess they have 3" guns too...So um....they DO help in the war on terror and I wish they had more lattitude with respect to the imigration laws, but hey, they have rules and laws to follow too. Thanks for your service though. and to re-statesomething: Stay safe.
actually I am, I'm a BM2 in the Coast Guard and having intel of migrants launchings (yes we get intel from informants in cuba and their 90% right) drug runners, and latley the stolen boats that are being used to traffic all this stuff. So if I'm on leave and I get a email about a possible launch I need to be able to coordinate with my station to get a boat in the area. Yes it can wait to trickle down the ladder and make it to someone who is at their comp at that moment, but I dont want to leave anything to chance.

As for ground pounding in the sand thats not gonna happen anytime soon.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:27 PM
banana republic

Originally Posted by MISSINGSTANG
So if I'm on leave and I get a email about a possible launch I need to be able to coordinate with my station to get a boat in the area.
If you're on leave, then you need to be away from your work. Thats what "leave" is for. To give you downtime away from your job. Use it wisely. You don't get much of it.

A BM2 and you have that kind of responsibility? Wow...Navy BM2 is still just taking readings and scrubbing bulkheads. I only went to MM3 personally.

Well...Let me say this too...At least 20 years ago they were. LOL

Originally Posted by rotarykidd
maybe i just like rainbows and puke, who says it has to be a gay thing?

Last edited by 95coBraSVT; 11-24-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by MiDiablo
I need a crack-berry
dale says- i have some coke
Old 11-24-2008, 04:46 PM
NEEDS A COUPE

Originally Posted by 95coBraSVT
If you're on leave, then you need to be away from your work. Thats what "leave" is for. To give you downtime away from your job. Use it wisely. You don't get much of it.

A BM2 and you have that kind of responsibility? Wow...Navy BM2 is still just taking readings and scrubbing bulkheads. I only went to MM3 personally.

Well...Let me say this too...At least 20 years ago they were. LOL
Yeah we get that all the time, I cant tell you how many times I'll run a Search and Rescue case and run into a retired Navy Chief that will ask where's the chief of the boat? The best was when I was a third class and I got to look at him and say ME. He'd ask where the nav officer was and I'd say ME, he'd look at our guns and ask where's your Gunners Mate and I'd say ME. Then he'd just flat out ask who'd in charge and I'd say ME, and believe it or not the highest ranking person at our unit is a Chief, but he's on liberty and I'm the OOD.

I'll never get tired of the look on their faces!!!

Old 11-25-2008, 12:18 AM
5.0 Under Construction

I love BLACKBERRY! I personally have the G1... and love it... But IMO... It does way entirely too much that I will never use all those apps... So, returning back to my BLACKBERRY CURVE 8320... That phone did ALL I ever asked and desired it to with enuff speed for me... I would love the BB Storm... being with TMOBILE, a UNLOCKED Storm is approx. $800+ ... Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm NO! But sweet ass phone! I read if ur into textn and fast internet browsing and controlled keypad operation... The STORM lacks and the BB BOLD is better for that type of functional behaviorals.... Shyt! I wanem BOTH! But I prolly would take a BOLD cuz its a CURVE on steriods!
Old 11-25-2008, 05:11 AM
banana republic

Originally Posted by MISSINGSTANG
Yeah we get that all the time, I cant tell you how many times I'll run a Search and Rescue case and run into a retired Navy Chief that will ask where's the chief of the boat? The best was when I was a third class and I got to look at him and say ME. He'd ask where the nav officer was and I'd say ME, he'd look at our guns and ask where's your Gunners Mate and I'd say ME. Then he'd just flat out ask who'd in charge and I'd say ME, and believe it or not the highest ranking person at our unit is a Chief, but he's on liberty and I'm the OOD.

I'll never get tired of the look on their faces!!!
I bet that would have been a Kodak moment. LOL

Originally Posted by rotarykidd
maybe i just like rainbows and puke, who says it has to be a gay thing?