The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

Blackberry Storm

Old 11-22-2008, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MISSINGSTANG
Got mine at ten this mroning

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Iphone KILLA

ive read that the storm has lag and kinda slow loading and closing programs.....

What do you think......and have you messed around with an Iphone yet to compare
Old 11-23-2008, 11:41 AM
NEEDS A COUPE

Originally Posted by limegreenneon
ive read that the storm has lag and kinda slow loading and closing programs.....

What do you think......and have you messed around with an Iphone yet to compare
alot of my friends have the iphone and if your looking for neat gadgets and stuff like that the iphone is the way to go, but if you want an all around tool for work and play (if you need that sort of thing) with all the iphone technology but blackberrys software then the storm is for you.

I have not found any defects with it latley, I had it at the rink the other day when I was refing, I was on the ice for 5 hours and had the phone in the time keepers box, it was about 40 degrees in there and I noticed a slight lag in the screen but thats to be expected when its exposed to 40 degree temps for that long. Loading programs is super fast and the internet is about as fast as my laptop. Battery life is kinda poor lasts about a day when i'm fucking with it but I've only had it since friday.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:53 AM
banana republic

Ummmm How much did it cost you again? too damn much

Does it do what it was designed to do? yes

Are you happy with it now? of course he is.

Will you be happy with it in 4 years? Doubtful. Most likely he will be looking for the next big thing within a year or two. If not, chances are that Verizon will have gone under or the phone thingy will have broken by then.

Of course, I could be wrong. My cell phone is just that...a cell phone. It's inexpensive (cost me about $45 for the phone and less than $45 per month with no contractual agreement. Plus, my phone does exactly what it was designed for. It makes calls, and I can hear what the other person wants to tell me. I can text if I so desire, but I really don't see the point of it. A person can communicate so much more by actually speaking. I can see it though if your at the movies or somewhere else where you need to remain quiet(like the library).

Have fun with your new toy though.

Originally Posted by rotarykidd
maybe i just like rainbows and puke, who says it has to be a gay thing?
Old 11-23-2008, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by 95coBraSVT
Ummmm How much did it cost you again? too damn much

Does it do what it was designed to do? yes

Are you happy with it now? of course he is.

Will you be happy with it in 4 years? Doubtful. Most likely he will be looking for the next big thing within a year or two. If not, chances are that Verizon will have gone under or the phone thingy will have broken by then.

Of course, I could be wrong. My cell phone is just that...a cell phone. It's inexpensive (cost me about $45 for the phone and less than $45 per month with no contractual agreement. Plus, my phone does exactly what it was designed for. It makes calls, and I can hear what the other person wants to tell me. I can text if I so desire, but I really don't see the point of it. A person can communicate so much more by actually speaking. I can see it though if your at the movies or somewhere else where you need to remain quiet(like the library).

Have fun with your new toy though.
Enjoy the 90's!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:23 PM
banana republic

Honestly, what does that thing offer that I can't live without? Nothing. So it has internet availability...big deal. It offers you more ways to be contacted by anyone....So what? My kyocera does that also. I can text off it if I really want to...but I rarely ever do. I also have the ability to take pics with my phone, but I have yet to need to.

Necessity outweighs desire here IMO. I have no need for 90% of what that blackberry thing does....Neither does 95% TR for that matter. But hey, keep bitching about how much things cost and keep wasting your money on frivilous crap toys. It really makes no difference to me.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by 95coBraSVT
Honestly, what does that thing offer that I can't live without? Nothing. So it has internet availability...big deal. It offers you more ways to be contacted by anyone....So what? My kyocera does that also. I can text off it if I really want to...but I rarely ever do. I also have the ability to take pics with my phone, but I have yet to need to.

Necessity outweighs desire here IMO. I have no need for 90% of what that blackberry thing does....Neither does 95% TR for that matter. But hey, keep bitching about how much things cost and keep wasting your money on frivilous crap toys. It really makes no difference to me.

Wow, calm down. No one is attacking you.

This guy simply bought a toy he's proud of, let him enjoy it. It's true, necessity DOES out-weigh desire, but what if you could have both? Do you honestly think driving a '67 is a necessity? No, it's a desire, people have different desires, that's all.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:16 PM
NEEDS A COUPE

This is true, like I told BM this is the first new "big" thing that I can honestly say I bought on my own and I got a good deal on.

Plus you being military should understand that me being in the military and needing to get LE intel asap having this phone allows me to get intel from my work email sent to my phone so I can get it when it comes out and not have to wait till I get back to my computer while I'm on leave.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:41 PM
banana republic

Originally Posted by googlemeh
Wow, calm down. No one is attacking you.

This guy simply bought a toy he's proud of, let him enjoy it. It's true, necessity DOES out-weigh desire, but what if you could have both? Do you honestly think driving a '67 is a necessity? No, it's a desire, people have different desires, that's all.
Actually, driving the 67 can be a necessity at times. I have 4 vehicles, and only 3 drivers in the household. The 4th vehicle is just as much a toy as it is a back up. So, it all depends on the day as to whether or not it is a necessity.

Missingstang,
Are you in a position in the military which would "require" you to have instant internet access? I highly doubt it. Did you know that Obama is actually going to be forced to give up his blackberry when he takes office? It's so he can't just post up sensitive things with reckless abandon. If you are out in the sandbox in the military, you will most likely be forced to give it up anyway. If you get deployed, you will be paying for a phone you won't be able to use. That would seriously suck. Yes, I WAS in the military....20 years ago. Back then, cell phones were a large box hauled around by doctors and SOMETIMES lawyers. Technology has come a long way. But, back then, no-one in the military really had a need for a cell phone. Especially not while deployed.

But, yeah, enjoy your toy. It's newness will wear off in a few months, and you will still be saddled with the payments for the service. Of course, if you weren't paying for the service for that phone, you would be paying for it for another. So enjoy it while it lasts I guess. It's the small things in life sometimes, that make us happy. Right?

Stay safe.

*edit* I had no idea you were in the Coast Guard. Guess you won't be going to the sandbox anytime soon. LOL I never really considered the Coast Guard a part of the "military" before, but hey, I guess they have 3" guns too...So um....they DO help in the war on terror and I wish they had more lattitude with respect to the imigration laws, but hey, they have rules and laws to follow too. Thanks for your service though. and to re-statesomething: Stay safe.

Last edited by 95coBraSVT; 11-23-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:31 PM
lives in a glass house

< not a hater. I hope you enjoy your new phone. I love my Blackberry, just wish Alltel could offer the Storm.

/
Old 11-23-2008, 04:33 PM

I need a crack-berry