First Stop - Meets and Greets - The Newbie Forum Your 1st post should start here. Introduce yourself. Tell us about you, where you are from, what you drive and what brings you to TR

New to TR or Tampa?? Come say hello.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Not Mad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to TR or Tampa?? Come say hello.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:56 AM

Default From Senor Honda: Formed years ago, Tampa Racing.com was founded on...

From Senor Honda:
Formed years ago, Tampa Racing.com was founded on the principles of encouraging restoration, repair or modification of special interest vehicles. Over 102,000 members strong, Tampa Racing has no national affiliation, but you will likely find its members among any number of automotive organizations including the National Street Rod Association, Mustang Club of America, Goodguys, Florida Mopar Association, Corvette Club of America, to name a few. The type of vehicles found amongst the members varies from restored early 1900's vintage automobiles, to street rods from the 30’s and 40’s, to muscle cars from the 60’s and 70’s, to present day front-wheel-drive imports and motorcycles. With the wide range of vehicles come varying degrees of modifications from bone stock to big block Pro Street monsters. There truly is something to satisfy every automotive taste.

As with the vehicles there are varying activities that the members undertake ranging from weekly cruise nights and car meets, to cruises through the countryside, cookout get-togethers, Christmas parties, open track days, organized races, beach concerts and frequent car shows. The shows are perhaps the most popular venue for many ofthe members who engage in showing their cars at almost every opportunity. Tampa Racing also co-sponsors and/or supports select charity car shows, community events. This is a way of giving back to the local communities.

So come along and join Tampa Racing where you will always be a member of the family whether at a cruise night, car meet or on the highway. And remember life is good friends, a clean ride, and the open road in front of you.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Not Mad

Originally Posted by blown420
wat up my name is Robin me and my girl just moved here like 4 days ago. tryin to make some new friends. always been in the import scene. currently looking for a job i am a mechanic and have build me some nice toys in the past. but more than anything i wanna hang out go meet and see new places and ppl. currently dont have a toy at the moment mobbed a landcruiser down here lol peace man.
Hey robin,

Welcome to Florida. Thanks for joining our website. How did you hear about us?? So what type of toys have you built and do you have any pics of your builds??
Old 03-12-2013, 02:08 PM

I had put some parts on craigslist and meet a guy that bought a intercooler off me told me about the site. and I have mostly built Hondas have had a v8 once I owned a 95 hardtop supra bought it as a project but sold it after awhile. wasn't making much progress on it. yes I do have some pics I would have to search for them I know I have some on my other laptop. and thank u for the greet.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Not Mad

Originally Posted by blown420
I had put some parts on craigslist and meet a guy that bought a intercooler off me told me about the site. and I have mostly built Hondas have had a v8 once I owned a 95 hardtop supra bought it as a project but sold it after awhile. wasn't making much progress on it. yes I do have some pics I would have to search for them I know I have some on my other laptop. and thank u for the greet.

No problem. If you need anything feel free to ask.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:03 PM

Wassup I'm Eric had a tr account a while back this is my new one been into the imports sense prob bought 5 I'm (20yrs) now and just started my first project by myself and just hoping to meet some new people that I can chill wit
Old 03-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Not Mad

Originally Posted by lunytoon92
Wassup I'm Eric had a tr account a while back this is my new one been into the imports sense prob bought 5 I'm (20yrs) now and just started my first project by myself and just hoping to meet some new people that I can chill wit
Hey Eric,

Welcome back to TR. If you need help recovering an old account let me know. F you started a new project make a build thread about it. Lots of people on this forum including myself like to see the evolution of a owners vehicle. If you need aything don't be shy to ask.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:17 PM
Z31

Good Evening all! I'm new to Florida and bought my first project car (1987 Nissan 300zx). There's a long list of things to be done to it, but its my daily driver right now and the clear coat is so chipped the body is going to start rotting if I don't get it painted ASAP. Can anyone suggest a place to have it painted for a reasonable price?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:18 PM

Hi my name is Mark .. I've been out of Tampa for a bit good to be back ... I'm not a kid (I'm 41) but I like to drive and have some fun .. I'm a full cust single dad of a 6 yo girl and she likes cars too ! I have been rebuilding my life brick by brick and I am finally at the point of ordering a ride worthy of all the sh%t I and my little girl have been through. I literally learned to drive on a MR-2 Boxer engine and so my choice is a BRZ ... I will be getting it at the end of the summer and will be making extensive MODs on the car ( No I'm not worried about warrantee issues ) I will be looking for advice, and to give some, if I can help a bra out ... but not be a know it all... Im a grown ass man and cant get my feelings hurt on a forum lo.... i look forward to the ride here ... If I make a friend or two along the way great.... I don't respond to flamers so if you don't like my ride then drive something else ... And before you guys ask ( Which is cool by me ) I'm looking, for now anyway, to keep the car NA ... Will be looking for significant power gains within that context however... Well that's my intro for what it is ... Peace out for now and see you guys around...

-Mark

Last edited by MarxBRZ; 04-02-2013 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Rey
Banned

welcome everyone... Thanks for joining our community.. As a part of the community, feel free to roam, ask questions, partake in conversations taking place ect....

Rey !

Quick Reply: New to TR or Tampa?? Come say hello.