First Stop - Meets and Greets - The Newbie Forum Your 1st post should start here. Introduce yourself. Tell us about you, where you are from, what you drive and what brings you to TR

New 240 junkie!

Old 01-03-2012, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 240 junkie!

Whats up guys, call me Shift lol. I bought a 91 240 hatch about 3 weeks ago and im loving it. I replaced the airbox with a cone filter, put in new spark plugs and thats it so far lol
It came with exhaust tips and some small 5 spoke rims. it has a couple of dents on the passenger side where it looks like the previous owner attempted some drifting haha. The paint isnt too bad either.
My friend who is also active on this site "S13 Madison" has been telling me to get a 240 for a couple years now, I finally broke down, sold my 2001 S10 for 3500 bucks and picked this up for 1900.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175440[/ATTACH]
I'm hoping to get into SCCA and local drift events over time, but right now im in the process of "restoring" it, and money is tight due to recent issues. I suppose my currents goals are to get the dents and dings popped out and have it prepped for repainting. The paint isnt really faded I was either hoping on getting the clear re shot or respraying it all a baller ass gold lol. Then take care of the weather strips and door trims, cause they're all garbage. Then taking care of the suspension, as my struts are blown and then finally working on all the fun goodies that make it faster lol.

So if anyone knows about a good painter that will work with me for a decent price, please let me know! Also any info about part outs or someone selling weather strips and door trims would be nice as well. Dont think I want you to do the work for me I will definitely be doing my research!

Enough of my lonnnnnnggg ass "Welcome" thread. Lets get convos and forum browsing underway!
Old 01-07-2012, 04:34 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the site.

There are drift events in Sarasota and at the Central Florida Racing Complex in Orlando.

Autocross is like everywhere in Central FL.

I am seeing a lot of 240's coming out in my area. Enjoy and good luck with the restoration.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production