First Stop - Meets and Greets - The Newbie Forum Your 1st post should start here. Introduce yourself. Tell us about you, where you are from, what you drive and what brings you to TR

New to Tampa Racing...

Old 08-30-2007, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ho....I dont speak gibberish
Old 08-30-2007, 06:44 AM
Live love learn

Originally Posted by Skam9685
ho....I dont speak gibberish

yea and you can learn to cook your own food and clean your own room

www.myspace.com/racqel
Old 08-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Professional Smartass

Welcome Man. Look forward to meeting you in the near future.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:06 AM

yea you too....I can't wait to get this car running properly and start meeting other mk3 owners
Old 08-30-2007, 11:17 AM

BTW: Wish I wouldv'e seen your car back when I had 2000 bucks to buy an mk3....I bought mine for 1800 bucks....emaculate interior, lots of new engine parts, completely stock but now the auto tranny 2nd gear is dragging butt so I gotta get that fixed....if it ends up needing a rebuild I'm gonna say screw it and just convert to r154 5 speed tranny. The engine was also idling eradically so I narrowed it down to the spark plugs needing to replaced so I replaced them with NGK Iridium Laser Series Spark Plugs and NGK Spark Plugs Wires.

It had a fuel smell when I bought it as well and heres my blog stating what happened.

August 21, 2007
Well it all started cuz I suspected one of my fuel injectors to be leaking. Been smelling a gas smell ever since I bought the car. Then one day I heard a hissing noise as I was walking away from my car and went to inspect. Sure enough fuel was coming from the 3rd injector from the left.

Today decided to take a gander at doing this repair myself for the first time. Helping me would be my buddy Mike that knows car stuff about as much as i do lol.From the little knowledge I have I think I have done a pretty good job thus far as far as removal. Only mistake I made was losing 1 of the Fuel return hose banjo bolt washers. (have yet to find)

Ran into a problem getting the Pulsation dampener off for I did not have the wrench needed at my house so He and I had to postpone our little adventure till we found the right size. We found a 13/16 wrench to fit good ( dunno if thats the exact size or not).

After that was off the fuel rail was soon to follow hehe. Found out that the third injector I had suspected did indeed have a blown o-ring. So cleaned what I could and am going to send injectors off for cleaning since I might as well now.