Drifting The art of going sideways

Need your .02

Old 07-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Shakotan/Hippari life.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your .02

I posted this in General Car Chat, and wanted to see what kind of response I could get from you guys.
Ok, I'm contemplating doing a hybrid swap, and I'm sure it's been done...but I haven't been able to find anything about it on the internet. I want to take a AE86 coupe, and throw away the 4AC it has right now, and put in a KA24 with plans of turbo'ing it. Yeah, that's right, a turbo KA into a corolla. Just wondering if the crossmember needs to be modified at all, how hard would wiring be, and yes I did think about the fact that a stock sr-5 rear-end wouldn't hold up to that kinda power... I was thinking maybe a gt's rear-end, although I have heard they aren't good for more than 200HP?? Just looking for thoughts on this swap, how hard you think it might be, and approximately how much it might cost?

-'03 GSX-R 750
Old 07-22-2006, 11:49 AM
I hurt my nose.

club4ag.com

search ka ae86 you should find info..i know some members built some...and most used gts rear end from what i remember...anyways i think club4ag would be your best bet for info..
Old 07-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Will Drift For Tires

youre crazy joe rogan

Old 07-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Driven Concepts

can you weld?

not are you planning to learn, but do you own a welder, understand how to properly use it, and understand what types of metal you need.

ORRRRR

are you ready to pay a shop to do this

if you answered NO to both of these, please dont continue your quest for a ka-t in a ae86, as realistically its not going to happen, so us walking you thru figuring out how to do it will completely be a waste of everyones time.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:30 PM
I hurt my nose.

if you answered NO to both of these, please dont continue your quest for a ka-t in a ae86, as realistically its not going to happen, so us walking you thru figuring out how to do it will completely be a waste of everyones time.
hmm..actully have to agree with ya on that.

but if you answerd yes to one or both...go to club4ag read up, do it your self..or atleast go to a shop knowing what you want them to do. anyways good luck..
id love to see a ka-t ae86 around here...im thinking of doing a single cam KA with itb's....but yeah good luck.
-Jon
Old 07-22-2006, 02:27 PM
techno

ka's are heavy
Old 07-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Driven Concepts

is this to imply a 4age is light?

smaller yes, but its still boat anchor iron block SPL
Old 07-22-2006, 03:40 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

nothin wrong with iron blocks. you'd only need like 7psi 250whp setup to have a fun little car anyways.

spork up in NC did it. i dont think he is turbocharged yet, but i know he had a running KA in his corolla. i do not know much about it, perhaps he ran a megasquirt or something along those lines.

it would at least require custom mounts, perhaps tranny tunnel work depending on the size differences between corolla and 240sx transmissions and how you get it to sit in regards to how far back in the engine bay it sits.

i would think the GT-S rear end is enough, perhaps those who know about Taka's 400+whp AE86 might know what rear end he used.

do plan on alot of fab, wiring, and innovation, and money
Old 07-22-2006, 05:36 PM
beep boop

i wanted to do it untill i saw how tall and huge a ka is compared to a 4age it takes lots of welding and fab work massage the fire wall and tranny tunnel .. i say do it

but i bet you wont
Old 07-22-2006, 05:42 PM
army pilot

front heavy and will understeer when you need it most.

Originally Posted by Tackleberry
thats an insult to a circus