Drag Racing Don't like turns? Tech talk about drag racing and drag event discussions here

Why do people lie about their track times????

Old 05-29-2003, 03:45 AM
Camera Car!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do people lie about their track times????

I go out and listen to some of the guys fabricating stories about what their car runs at the track. 10's, 11's, and low 12's. When I watch them at a local track I have to put on the brakes to not run into them while they are having a local sprint contest with another car.. I for one have never run 11's and never will.. My car is not setup for the track and though I will admit today I have never went past 6krpm at the track since I installed the 4.10's... You ask why? I know people were watching and I personally did not want to be disappointed.... I hate feeling like a test mule for someone else.. Anyway, I still manage to run low 12's babying my car. The best time I have ever run in my car and I was spinning the motor up to 6800rpm was when I had cam and headers only. That was a year and a half ago.. I ran a 12.28 at 116mph with a 2.0 60ft back then.. This was on 275 drag radials with 30psi in the tires.. I can be honest about my car not having stellar performance.. Why cant others..?

My email:
vince99frc@gmail.com
Old 05-29-2003, 06:34 AM

Not sure vince. I get tired of hearing it also. I guess they are insecure about their cars. My new motor will probably never see it's full potential at the track, becuase I am not setting it up for drag racing. It's my daily driven street car, I want it to rip forward at the drop of a gear but still take a corner without 100% body roll. But whatever time I get at the track I will definately tell everyone. Because on the street it will be a totally different story. By the way I hate bench racers.

"Gripping the wheel his knuckles went white with desire, the wheels of his mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45. True death. 400 horsepower of maximum performance piercing the night, this is Black Sunshine"
Old 05-29-2003, 10:14 AM
Camera Car!

I hear you man.. Atleast I can admit I suck at the track.. My car is not all that fast anyway...

My email:
vince99frc@gmail.com
Old 05-29-2003, 11:19 AM
Camera Car!

So TRUE!!!!!

My email:
vince99frc@gmail.com
Old 05-29-2003, 11:38 AM

I hate it when stock FWD car claim outragious numbers like 11s without slicks and shit. It is just bullshit

Old 05-29-2003, 12:34 PM
Chowdah-head

Originally posted by Mr 2
I hate it when stock FWD car claim outragious numbers like 11s without slicks and shit. It is just bullshit

everyone knows fwd dsm's dont do 11's without major headwork, built bottom ends, higher compression, better intake manifolds, bigger throttle body's ....on a side note, you have a very good point vince, i have also not run my car at the track cause it wasn't a drag setup, i just put the car together for my own fun, but i would walk past cars that ran "11's or 12s", i know maybe on my best day i was game for for maybe mid to high 12's, with a serious dose of traction and some wicked driving skills, i dunno, it kinda reminds me of a pissing contest, so i've learned to let it go in one ear and out the other unless i see a slip, just my take
Old 05-29-2003, 12:38 PM
No Soup For You

I ask myself why people do allot of the things they do I never come up with a solid answer.

IMO There can be many reasons why people lie, I think allot of it has to do with self confidence and or wanting to fit in with a crowd. Everyone always like the fast guys dont they? I mean go to any racing event and look for the crowd of people, there always near the fast guys right? People just want to be accepted and I think thats a big part of it. This mentality runs rampid in all aspects of life not just with cars.

Another one that bugs me is when people lie or wont tell you what they have done to there cars, whats the big f in deal? I just want to know what has been done so I can educate myself. Im never going to be the fastest guy around town so I do not try to be. I am having fun modding the cars I have right now so thats all that matters to me.

That is all
Old 05-29-2003, 12:42 PM
Need To Get Quicker

Some of them have probably never even been to the track to find out what their car runs and are just guessing from what they have read in magazines.

Others might be the people that take a stock 93 mustang with 225HP and add some aftermarket parts. Then they look at the advertised HP for each part they installed like under drive pulleys: 12HP, cold air kit: 8HP, throttle body: 7HP, MAF: 6HP, exhaust: 17HP and think their car has 275HP.
www.fordspeedracing.com
Old 05-29-2003, 02:14 PM
Camera Car!

The killer is when you beat them and tell them you have never even ran a second close to what they run they claim something is wrong with their car or you are faster than you tell them...

My email:
vince99frc@gmail.com