i liked you better when it was 2002.
huh?
TR Notary Crew: #001
--------------
Old 07-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Just for decoration

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b16a2pwr
why do people flame these. Import or domestic - who cares. It has four wheels and will get you from point A to point B... but this one's nice.

That is the most rediculous looking thing I have ever seen. It has to be photoshopped, I do not think anybody in their right mind would spend that much money to make a clown car like that.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 07-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Fawkin Skittles

I like my neon...second one (don't ask, & no it wasn't cause I recked it). I was all about VW's before this & was close to getting one till I actually decided to drive one & see what they were all about. I was impressed. Yes, some people will say the interior sucks, that it's not on par with other imports & what-not. But think about this, it wasn't made for luxery or complete comfort. It came with racing seats, an ok suspension that doesn't take much to upgrade, a strong tranny that will take a beating (& yes it will let you know when it's had enough, just like any car), a great sounding exhaust that gets better. & a motor that will take a beating. You don't have to spend much to make this thing go any quicker or faster. Also remind you that 04+ came with an LSD, not bad for a lil 4-door skittle. You can spend roughly a grand & get close to 280whp, not bad considering they already come with around 220-230whp out the box. But it's the torque that's a killer. Point blank it's a beast. Your best bet, test drive one, inspect it really good, like someone said previously, some people might have returned it to stock. But do your homework & know what you're getting yourself into. Ya, there are other cars out there at the same price that may handle better, interior may look better, be more comfy. But when all is said & done with...what's so different? Nothing a lil modding can't take care of...all about what your looking for & what you want to do down the road. But good luck...& be safe

Originally Posted by efficientkiller
none of this really matters at the end of the day...if you really want to know, the true answer is found in research, why post a ignorant thread & call it a debate? this is exactly why TR gets the critizism it does...
Old 07-30-2007, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Vertstang13
SRT-4 owners are u happy with ur choice of gettin one? How are they on gas and wat are some of the best mods in your opinion?
Honestly I am extremely happy with this car. Best bang for the buck.

Gas wise... all depends on mods of course and what Stage kit your running. Stock its gets a decent amount of mileage. Gas also plays a part on how you drive the car.

Best mods... people will argue on this because some like to stay with the stock pcm and try to prove they will out perform a Stage kit. Personally a WGA is one of the best mods since the stock WGA opens around 4-5psi... you will hit 14.7 psi on the stock wastegate but you will watch it slowly drop with the gas pedal to the ground.

The problem is if you get an aftermarket WGA and you stay with the stock pcm... if your boosting around 17+ (if I remember correctly) you will start throwing overboost codes... some worst then others and you might go into limp mode. Best thing to do to prevent this is purchase a Stage kit first... Stage 1 being the cheapest and IMO a good upgrade. It ignores anything that will hinder performance... overboost codes... downstream O2 sensor... etc.

But you can skip all that and just go Stage 3 with toys and a AGP Stage 3 WGA. Run 320+ hp untuned.

2003 SRT-4's didn't come with the LSD, they had smaller injectors and were rated at 215whp.

2004-2005 SRT-4's came with LSD, Stage 1 injectors and were rated at 230whp.

On my old setup which consisted of 5 performance mods I put down 255whp with 311tq on a DynoJet. This was with the stock turbo, stock O2 housing, stock exhaust manifold, stock intake manifold, stock injectors, stock throttle body. Those numbers were with bolt-ons. Just comes to show what a little bit of mods can do. These are old numbers to me now, I have since switched out some mods and added some more.

I hope this answered any of your questions. If you need help with anything or have anymore questions just ask.

Last edited by WhiteFwdsm; 07-30-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:41 PM

Here's some more information for you...

Performance and Specifications
Curb weight: 2880 lb
Power: 215 WHP (2003 model), 230 WHP (2004-05 models).
Torque: 245 ft?lbf @3000 rpm (2003 model), 250 ft?lbf @2200 rpm (2004-05 models)
0-60 time: 5.3 seconds (Car & Driver)
1/4 mile time: 13.8-14.2 seconds (various magazine reviews)
1/4 mile speed: 98-102 mph (various magazine reviews)
Top Speed: 153 mph

Although the SRT-4 is rated at 230 hp (2004+), it was revealed that Dodge underrated the car's power production. Dodge tested the SRT-4 prototypes on the dyno with a fairly hot intercooler, which negatively affected overall efficiency. Most production SRT-4s in fact rate right around 230 hp at the wheels, therefore crank horsepower is estimated at 265-275 hp. This makes them fairly formidable versus much more expensive production sports cars in real world, "roll-on" situations from 30 mph and up.
In real world use, SRT-4's have run high 13's to low 14's at 100 - 105 mph in the quarter mile with a capable driver. The fastest documented stock (showroom unmodified) quarter mile time for a 2003 SRT-4 is 13.75 @ 101.68 mph, with a fastest trap-speed of 103.16 mph [1], while the fastest quarter mile times with documentation for more powerful 2004-2005 models include several 13.6's @ 105+mph. Those stock times included the use of the original, factory-equipped tires. Also, several modified, privately owned and driven SRT-4's have achieved 10 second 1/4 mile passes since 2005
By the way the top speed changes between the Stage's. I think that top speed (153) is based on a stock SRT-4.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:49 PM

As far as Pro's and Con's...

Pro's... they take a lot of abuse and are easy to mod

Con's... no fast speed quick lane changes. The ass end will get around you. Hence why there's a lot of wrecked/totaled SRT-4's.

To me, there's a lot more pro's then there are con's...

I've only ran into one problem which was fixed within a week. Other then that the car has been great!
Old 07-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Fawkin Skittles

Check out srtforums.com for more info & any questions...

none of this really matters at the end of the day...if you really want to know, the true answer is found in research, why post a ignorant thread & call it a debate? this is exactly why TR gets the critizism it does...
Old 07-30-2007, 03:12 PM

had mine to 155 and still had some ways to go. seen some people say they got them to 164. havent had the chance to push it that hard.

while the agp wastegate is one of the best and cheapest mods, (you can get a used one for under $100) def get a turbo timer first. i hated the car till i got a turbo timer.

i love the car and will keep mine long after its paid off and cracking 9's. a few small mods and you got a really great ride. while there are some better "daily drivers" for less money, not with the get up and go that you will get with the srt4

dont get an 03 and for god sakes, dont get a RED one
Old 07-30-2007, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sneakin Deacon
there are much better daily driver type cars out there for the same price.

so, what DO you drive anyways?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Fawkin Skittles

Originally Posted by zaksblaklabel
dont get an 03 and for god sakes, dont get a RED one
Yes...stay away from the red ones... they think their fast