Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle Tech Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle

dont think this is good

Old 05-08-2006, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dont think this is good

im driving and all of a sudden a loud vibrating clunk comes from what sounds like the cv. upon further inspection its coming from the tranny. very frequently

now i read a thread the other day about something with the cable falling into the housing. im not sure if thats how it was stated.

anyone know? also i moved the plastic cover on the tranny and i could see the fly wheel had some nice fresh marks on the teeth.

can this be fix without pullin the tranny. mabey through where the starter and flywheel come together.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 05-08-2006, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE: the flat piece of metal at the bottom of the tranny thats the shape of a half moon about 8 inches across. i removed it and looked.

anyways i pulled it off and didnt see anything.... i just now went back and cruised it up and down the street to see if i could "gather any more intel" haha and it didnt do it for a few and then CCCRRRRUUNNNNCCCHHHH AND the whole car shuddered and then started rollin again. when it does it, it only does it when its in gear whether im giving gas or not.

i then stopped the car and with the "half moon" plate gone and car off i tried to move the flywheel with a screwdriver and it moved until i got to the compression. without issue.

any ideas now? i know its the tranny. just what part and what action should be taken? should i just go to the junk yard and pull one and say screw finding whats the issue with this tranny or what?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us