Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle Tech Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle

modular clutch

Old 02-07-2006, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modular clutch

neons.org say "a modular clutch is a preassembled clutch pressure plate, clutch disk and flywheel." now from what i understand and seen when i pulled my block is that the flywheel is seperate. but the above statment says different. whats the deal can i just buy a modular clutch system and flywheel seperate. and slap them on or am i missing something. also i dont need to worry about this aligment tool with the modular right? does anyone know witch modular set up is good? and is it just a direct replacement. anyone know what the stock torque rating is on the stock clutch?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 02-08-2006, 06:21 AM

I thought they both had to be purchased together which is why they are so damn expensive for our cars but I have heard good things about the Clutchmasters stage 3 and 4...4 being for very high hp applications (400+). ACT makes a clutch for our cars now too but not too many people have them on their cars yet. I have seen a couple people complain of slipping on centerforces over on srtforums.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:42 PM

hey josiah know anything about this one?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 02-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Peon on steroids!

yeah, modular clutches are one piece, they bolt to the starter plate/flexplate that bolts to the crank, you cant buy modular clutch pieces seperatley, however, if you so choose you can convert to the older style non modular clutch from a 95-96 neon(note: the SRT4 cannot convert, easily anyway to a 95-96 non modular unit, being a getrag tranny as opposed to all other neons which have the NVT350), which is what a lot of people do when they just want to run an aluminum flywheel on a stock clutch and cant justify spending the extra money for a high performance clutch, I personally like modular clutches, they are a breeze to install

Last edited by Josiah; 02-10-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Skittle on crack!

I think ACT makes a conversion for the srt....well at least they advertise one..