Chassis & Suspension Tech Cages, braces, suspension set up and more

help me set up my suspention.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:41 PM
could be worse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

right now the car has nuespeed springs, i believe stock struts, benin front sway bar and nuespeed rear tie bar. it handles good, i just wnat a litle more. I dont have a set budget but i would like to to be reasonable. I am not a pro driver, shit i havent ever really been into autox untill i got this car and have fun around corners, now i just want it better lol. I was usually just into drag racing.

www.generationsofcabinetry.com
Old 03-13-2007, 10:17 AM
mad like crazy not angry

hmmmm, i think that you could upgrade front and rear sways with some from (or same size as) an ITR (cheap if you look in H/A forums). then some adjustable shocks and see how you like it because you could always upgrade from there

Old 03-14-2007, 12:57 PM
could be worse

I am going to post a few links of things im thikning about.. keep in mind i already have nuespeed springs. ill probably replace the rest. but those will only go when i feel there the weekest link. but Please put your .02 on the items, if there junk. waste of money or just a crappy brand/build

lower H brace Robear Racing. MEGAN RACING FRONT LOWER H-BRACE: CIVIC 92-00 / INTEGRA 94-01 (RED)
rear strut bar Robear Racing. DC SPORTS CS-2 REAR STRUT BAR: CIVIC/INTEGRA
front strut bar Robear Racing. DC SPORTS CS-2 FRONT STRUT BAR: CIVIC SI 99-00/INTEGRA 94-01
c pillar bar Robear Racing. DG INDUSTRIES C-PILLAR STRENGTH BAR: INTEGRA 94-01 COUPE

and then some type of shocks for the car, not sure yet on those.

Last edited by TIM TIM TIM; 03-14-2007 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:59 PM

ya i got the megan h brace the carbing lower tie bar and upper 3pt strut tower and ordering the sus. teq. sway bars than when i get more cash tien basic damper struts

Old 03-14-2007, 05:42 PM
could be worse

how is the h brace.. is it worth it

Old 03-15-2007, 05:02 AM

I don't see the need for supplemental chassis bracing if your suspension isn't already that stiff. Maybe your car is really weak in torsional stiffness, and in that case I would recommend the bracing eventually, but otherwise I don't see why you would spend the money on making an extremely rigid chassis before you upgrade the rest of the suspension.

I would recommend getting a decent set of coilovers with adjustable dampers and components that will allow you to adjust your camber. These will allow you to lower your car substantially, adjust corner weights it to give the car a good balance, and tune the damping to adjust for any over/understeer. After that I would say larger anti-roll bars. I don't know all the brands and models for your car, but I'd think this would be the best money spent for an unmodified car.

-Joel
Old 03-15-2007, 06:39 AM
Sexist

Originally Posted by Enigma97
adjust corner weights it to give the car a good balance,
Hey now! Don't go letting out the biggest secret of proper suspension setup. Let them go get the swaybars and stuff. I don't want any more competition.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:52 PM
could be worse

where would i get the corner weights adjusted, as well as the dampers. i would much rather pay someone to get it right then me guess on it.. Also what coil overs do you guys recomend? i dont want bs thats going to give me whiplash.. the car already has skunk 2 camber kit on it so the tires do sit strait.
also, would it be worth all the work to put the poly bushings on the car? its got 100k on it now.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck 98 RT/10
Hey now! Don't go letting out the biggest secret of proper suspension setup. Let them go get the swaybars and stuff. I don't want any more competition.
haha
Old 03-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Sexist

Originally Posted by TIM TIM TIM
where would i get the corner weights adjusted, as well as the dampers. i would much rather pay someone to get it right then me guess on it.. Also what coil overs do you guys recomend? i dont want bs thats going to give me whiplash.. the car already has skunk 2 camber kit on it so the tires do sit strait.
also, would it be worth all the work to put the poly bushings on the car? its got 100k on it now.

Posted on the first page.