Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Sr22 question.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sr22 question.

For those of you who have to carry sr22 on your license/insurance, but do not carry insurance on the bike, how do you do it?
Old 03-02-2012, 09:42 AM

well it's easy...u get the non owners coverage by itself. it's like $65 a month.
then go to direct-general.com and buy motorcycle insurance for whatever pos u own and dont put that u require sr22, and it'll be between 80-180 for a full year depending weather u have comp & collision or just your basic.

if u ride without even basic coverage ur retarded.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:49 PM
they call me baby Jesus

Originally Posted by beverlyhillsninja
well it's easy...u get the non owners coverage by itself. it's like $65 a month.
then go to direct-general.com and buy motorcycle insurance for whatever pos u own and dont put that u require sr22, and it'll be between 80-180 for a full year depending weather u have comp & collision or just your basic.

if u ride without even basic coverage ur retarded.
if you do not put down that you require a sr22 and you need an sr22 then youre an idiot and fucked if you get pulled over.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:20 PM

If you have Non-owners sr-22 by itself and u have a motorcycle policy seperate you DO NOT have to have both on the same policy. this is how the dmv told me to do it. And if you get pulled over it won't make a difference if ur on a bike because it's not required to carry insurance.

Sr22 is reported to the state within 20min of policy acceptance or termination. If you terminate the policy before your suppose to they issue you a later stating from that date you have 30 days before the your license is suspended again.
Suspended License= Suspended tags= more then likely ur gettin pulled over.

I've been through enough of that crap in the last 3 years. Finally dont have to carry that shit and don't have any court fines left over from my suspension.

When they pull up your license when pulled over it doesnt have a flag saying "check for sr22" it just says license valid/suspended/revoked/ ect...it'll be cheaper to have the policies seperate.

Last edited by beverlyhillsninja; 03-02-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by beverlyhillsninja
If you have Non-owners sr-22 by itself and u have a motorcycle policy seperate you DO NOT have to have both on the same policy. this is how the dmv told me to do it. And if you get pulled over it won't make a difference if ur on a bike because it's not required to carry insurance.Sr22 is reported to the state within 20min of policy acceptance or termination. If you terminate the policy before your suppose to they issue you a later stating from that date you have 30 days before the your license is suspended again.Suspended License= Suspended tags= more then likely ur gettin pulled over.I've been through enough of that crap in the last 3 years. Finally dont have to carry that shit and don't have any court fines left over from my suspension.When they pull up your license when pulled over it doesnt have a flag saying "check for sr22" it just says license valid/suspended/revoked/ ect...it'll be cheaper to have the policies seperate.
Thanks.