Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Need Information

Old 09-02-2002, 08:35 PM
Can't have this

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Information

Alright, the closest i've been to riding a motorcycle was a scooter, lol. But lately i've been reading about them, and well, I want to know how should i go about getting one, what models should I look at?. What courses should I take. Any websites you guys know? Any information that could guide me in the right path will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Oscar
Old 09-03-2002, 06:10 AM
Eat My Ass With a Spoon

buy a vespa, they rock!
Old 09-03-2002, 08:04 AM

Well I am really starting to like the Aprilla RS50, awesome bike, great in the turns, just not that fast!!!

Oscar, check out http://www.beginnerbikes.com/

That is a great info source, also invest in a nice helmet and some pants, I got some from http://www.chaparral-racing.com/ they have a great selection of riding jeans.

Welp, hope this helped nad have fun, ride safe....

Jesse
Old 09-03-2002, 04:55 PM
Banned

Take the MSF at the DMV, should get you a discount on your insurance AND>...............

Holy CRAP! you might just learn the LAWS!!!!)$&(*$*(&@$*&

NINJA 500r's ROCK hell ya I want one so badly
Old 09-03-2002, 07:51 PM
Icy Hot Stuntin

Originally posted by "Bob22b"

Take the MSF at the DMV, should get you a discount on your insurance AND>...............

Yeah, first time rider...definitely take the MSF course.
I took the course at Armwood High School. You can look them up in the phone book and ask to talk to the Adult Ed department. You have to go in and pay up front, and sign up for the course. Its a 3 day course. One day in the class room, and two days outside on the bike in the parking lot. It was really easy...everyone passed.

As for a first bike...
Everyone told me to not get a 600 for my first bike. Well, being as stubborn as I am...I went out and got a 1997 Katana 600. It was a steal at $2900...so I had to.

I dont think the bike is over powered for me at all. I think a 600 is an okay first bike...if you arent too small, and if you arent immature about riding. I was careful when I first got it, and I dont go around poppin wheelies n shit. Im 5'11, 150 lbs, and a 600 is fine. And because Katanas arent really the most powerful of the sport bike family, they make perfect first bikes. Plus the seats are relatively comfortable compared to GSX-R's, CBR's and Ninjas.

Just my experiences...
"Ricey Hot Stuntaz" member #001
www.seductivecycles.com
Old 09-04-2002, 09:12 AM
twisted logic

Originally posted by "RicerX"

Originally Posted by Bob22b

Yeah, first time rider...definitely take the MSF course.
I took the course at Armwood High School. You can look them up in the phone book and ask to talk to the Adult Ed department. You have to go in and pay up front, and sign up for the course. Its a 3 day course. One day in the class room, and two days outside on the bike in the parking lot. It was really easy...everyone passed.

As for a first bike...
Everyone told me to not get a 600 for my first bike. Well, being as stubborn as I am...I went out and got a 1997 Katana 600. It was a steal at $2900...so I had to.

I dont think the bike is over powered for me at all. I think a 600 is an okay first bike...if you arent too small, and if you arent immature about riding. I was careful when I first got it, and I dont go around poppin wheelies n shit. Im 5'11, 150 lbs, and a 600 is fine. And because Katanas arent really the most powerful of the sport bike family, they make perfect first bikes. Plus the seats are relatively comfortable compared to GSX-R's, CBR's and Ninjas.

Just my experiences...
hey osKar.
Take the MSF course. DON'T get a 600 or above for your first bike (especially if you've never riden before). Make sure you wait quite a while before you try to ride with anyone on the bike. Heed my warnings muah mexican friend.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:55 PM
Can't have this

Thanks for the info guys, about the MSF course, do you have to bring your own bike for it?. or can you take it as well.. learning experience like drivers ed?