Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

triumph daytona?

Old 04-17-2009, 08:31 AM
U and your 3rd dimension

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want a demo ride
Old 04-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Goodtimes!

The D675 is set up like most European bikes. Tall seat hight. Aggressive stance.

The one cool thing about the d675 is that it will drop into a corner like no other. With it having only 3 cylinders in is thinner then most jap bikes. Now with it being a three 3 cylinder it will have more bottom end torque. So you dont have to ride it like most 600's. You dont have to be in the high revs to get the bike moving. The bike comes stock with steel braided lines. Lap Timer. Great tires. I ride alot of bikes. I mean ALOT. Out of all te 600 class bikes I would pick this out of any of them. Including the 750's.

Now the only thing people have had issues with the bike is the cam tensioner. They sometimes came out of adjustment and you would here a little chain slap. But nothing a simple 10 min job couldn't fix. Stock tires are really soft so you would get alot of miles out of them. The front steering stop rips of in any front end accident. Cause of this the bike totals out quickly.

Thats about it. Ask if I didnt cover something.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:37 AM
Never Surrender

Originally Posted by Drewster
The front steering stop rips of in any front end accident. Cause of this the bike totals out quickly.

Not sure thats about it. Ask if I didnt cover something.
thanks..that sucks that it totals out that easily :-/ does it have so much low end torque you have to watch front end at take offs? and still curious as to these demos lol..rep for the info drew
Old 04-17-2009, 09:36 AM

haah, i would be too worried about the bike "totaling" too easily, if you get into that kind of accident you got other things to worry about, like putting humpty dumpty back together again.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:45 AM
they call me baby Jesus

the 675 is great, i do have to say that there were some problems with my friends 675 that he had (06) but the problems were taken care of by drew. great service at their shop as well. always helping and finding the problem and taking care of that problem. the only thing i didnt really like was the seat. no cusion at all, and my nuts were feeling it afterwards... the steering on it is fucking great, you go into a turn and start to lean and it just wants to turn/lean very aggressive and i loved that about the bike. the low end torque on it was great as well.

the bike overall is very nice well put together machine. if i was to get a bike it'd either be the 675 or a 636 again (the seat can always be modded). but to many close calls to home so i decided against getting another bike... also he had an arrow exhaust on it and did it sound like pure fucking sex.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Never Surrender

you keep mentioning the aggressive seating..how is that for rides of decent length..i mean no sport bike is great but does it suck after like an hour or two? is it that bad?
Old 04-17-2009, 10:55 AM
they call me baby Jesus

lets just have a look at the seat

it really isnt much. i mean you can ride it for an hour or two or whatever time frame but like any bike it's going to hurt getting off of it. the vibration from the bike puts the boys to sleep anyways so eh. i personally couldnt ride it more then 2 maybe 3 hours at a ride. but everything else tops the seat so i really wouldnt care.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Rojya Productions

Originally Posted by USFSlacker
you keep mentioning the aggressive seating..how is that for rides of decent length..i mean no sport bike is great but does it suck after like an hour or two? is it that bad?
My friend I mentioned in the last post is 38 years old, and he's done trips from down here to Melbourne and back in 1.5 days (900 miles). He said it wasn't the best but hell it is a sportbike, kind of strange to talk about comfort with a bike like this IMO. I've been on a few 300 mile days with him and he seems to be better off than me afterwards haha .. a lot of times he'll get up early on Sunday and ride up straight to Tampa, do a NRun and come back home (2.5 hr + trip along I-75). I find that crazy

He also has had most of his right shoulder replaced with artificial w/e from an accident years ago as I understand it.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Never Surrender

ya..cause like you said you can change the seat i was talking more about the whole aggresiveness being rough on your lower back
Old 04-17-2009, 10:58 AM
they call me baby Jesus

shit when the aggressive hit i was focused on the bike not my back. it was a hell of a ride around carillon parkway