Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

death

Old 02-14-2009, 02:45 PM
yep, ima member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default death

hard to find a name for this thread... so i call up a friend and he sounds rough. his voice is trembling. i ask him what's going on?? he was on his bike and saw a dude die on his bike right in front of him. the guy had the same bike as his dad. the guy even looked like his dad, he said they dressed the same. on top of that there was a girl on the back that looked like his mom. i told him to man up. calm down. this guy has been riding since birth. so i was really surprised to find him acting like this. i have never seen a guy die on a bike in front of me in real time. so i guess i can't relate. i didn't really want to stay on the phone for a long time, i also didn't really know what to say.

what are your thoughts??
Old 02-14-2009, 03:02 PM

my friend had a guy die in front of him on eherens cutoff. been riding long as i can remember. he stopped after that.

I just remember that each ride home safe is a gift and accept the risk of whatever happens.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:08 PM
U and your 3rd dimension

see if you can get a good deal on his bike?
Old 02-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Resident Dingo

nut up
Old 02-14-2009, 03:53 PM
How fast officer?

I watched a biker die in front of me on dale mabry. It's makes you think twice about doing dumb things on a bike.

I've been in several high speed accidents, but it still doesn't stop me from doing what I love. Life is short, live it up, no regrets.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Never Surrender

Originally Posted by vertigo
see if you can get a good deal on his bike?
i know this is tr..but thats a dick thing to say even on here
Old 02-14-2009, 04:36 PM
U and your 3rd dimension

Originally Posted by USFSlacker
If something like that rattles you, you obviously did not fully accept the risks when you started riding (or you ignored them). In either case you dont have the testicular fortitude to ride, so you may as well just sell your bike or turn it into a piece of garage art.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Resident Dingo

Originally Posted by USFSlacker
What do you expect from him? Respect?
Old 02-14-2009, 05:27 PM
yep, ima member

Originally Posted by vertigo
If something like that rattles you, you obviously did not fully accept the risks when you started riding (or you ignored them). In either case you dont have the testicular fortitude to ride, so you may as well just sell your bike or turn it into a piece of garage art.
well because im not my friend , i couldn't tell you the absolute truth. but i have known this guy for a long time. his dad is a HARDCORE biker. when i say hardcore, you just have to believe me, i dont need to go into explanations. im sure he fully accepts all the risks associated with riding. including death. his brother rides. he was the only kid in my high school to have a bike. he rode dirt out the ass. anyways. he has the testicular fortitude.

I think it was more of the fact that it was the same bike his dad had. guy was dressed like his dad and the passenger looked like his mom. he didn't tell me it was like a flash of what it would be like to watch his dad die on his bike IN FRONT OF HIM. but thats what it sounded like, and im sure thats why he is wrecked. he has already gotten on his bike and ridin around. his lic' is suspended so he takes the bike everywhere incase he was to run. (sounds dumb, but hey) anyways, i dont really have anything real to say. im just shocked that this had a huge impact on him.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:28 PM
U and your 3rd dimension

Sounds like you don't know your friend as well as you think you do, no offense..