Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Rider Down-W. hillsborough ave.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:13 AM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon
that's not a mistake you dumb ass.. that's a stupid fucking decision

but it's all okay because the car made an illegal u-turn. do you hear yourself?

I'm glad their both alive but that dude should never ride again if he has no self control.

I've been out around that area and if its where I'm thinking.. the bike ended up in the woods because that's about all that's around that part. 4 lanes wide and not many side streets. its hillsborough but not the part your thinking of that runs thou tampa.

truth is we've all done worse on every north run we do than he did(think blind drive ways.. and how many times did you crash on golber which is like a damn road thru a trailer park or something with houses on both sides). yes he was 2 up but still.. AND I don't think anyone here has put more blame on the car than the rider but bashing the hell out of him for something we've all done just as bad or worse and gotten lucky is just wrong guys.

or at the least, its to damn early. let it go from a few days to see how it goes. both of them could still die at any time... you never know.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:25 AM
NObama 2011

Wishing the best to the parties involved. If what pink says is true and he was wearing his gear, he can thank his gear for his life. ATGATT!! Ride safe ladies and gentlemen.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech!!!

SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS SINCE BIRTH MEMBER #001

EITHER STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, OR PLEASE, STAND IN FRONT OF US. U.S.M.C. SNIPERS, ONE SHOT ONE KILL

Old 06-05-2008, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by BAMF
So, yet another stupid fuck hauling ass on a bike crashes, although this guy also hurt his passenger. Way to fucking go. Jesus Christ, 120+ on W Hillsborough Avenue with a passenger?! Thats pretty much infuriating.
be easy bro.. this stretch of hills ave has no intersections, maybe one neighborhood entrance and no traffic.. i ride there all the time and its an ideal place to pick up some speed. if you ride there at that time of night you'd understand. not agreeing with how fast he was going but you honestly would have to see it yourself. please dont bash this kid. its sad enough as it is, no need to make things any worse.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:34 AM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

Originally Posted by empireplayer29
be easy bro.. this stretch of hills ave has no intersections, maybe one neighborhood entrance and no traffic.. i ride there all the time and its an ideal place to pick up some speed. if you ride there at that time of night you'd understand. not agreeing with how fast he was going but you honestly would have to see it yourself. please dont bash this kid. its sad enough as it is, no need to make things any worse.

this is all i'm saying and if this was at night, which even i didn't know. i've taken cars out there to tune 4th gear pulls on. because its the safest place i could think of at the time. north has deer and shit and to many cops on the bridges where its really safe.

bad shit happends to good people sometimes.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by ???
this is all i'm saying and if this was at night, which even i didn't know. i've taken cars out there to tune 4th gear pulls on. because its the safest place i could think of at the time. north has deer and shit and to many cops on the bridges where its really safe.

ya i rolled up on the wreck.. it was 1230ish at night.. that area is so remote.. never any traffic at that time. i'll pick it up to 100 through there at night all the time and i dont see one car around.. even when i stopped i was the only moving vehicle on the road. its crazy to think this would happen because the possiblities at that time of night are slim to none.. i felt so bad to see one friend holding another in his arms like that.. it took me a couple beers and my friends at strokers to calm my nerves after that.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:51 AM

oh.. and anyone who wants to make this worse than it already is(i.e. BAMF) i'll delete this thread or have it locked cus i dont have time or patience for bullshit. we've all taken our bikes faster than we should have at some point, bridge or wherever..if any of you made a similar mistake and ended up like mike and his girl, you would want us to have you in our thoughts and not bad mouthing you. liking someone and respecting someone are two diff things so have some respect...please.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Ford F0rum Native

Originally Posted by ???

Yeah i know that exact place your talking about. That has to be one of the safer places to speed in Tampa. But no one else speeds, so this guy is the biggest ass in the world. I mean it's not like hes riding something that will do double the speed limit of that road in first gear alone.

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!
- Matt Frewer
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
George Carlin
When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands.
George Carlin
Old 06-05-2008, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Brandon
that's not a mistake you dumb ass.. that's a stupid fucking decision

but it's all okay because the car made an illegal u-turn. do you hear yourself?

I'm glad their both alive but that dude should never ride again if he has no self control.
hey man, if we all had real self control we would never speed anywhere..either way this shit just plain out sucks fault or no fault.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:56 AM

Update: They removed his splean lastnite. He is in recovery waiting for a room. They are going to try to save his arm, but even if they are able to save his arm, he will have no use of it. He's got a broken ankle and needs a hip replacement.

If anyone has any information on how the girl is doing, I would really like to know.

I'm doing everything I can not to cry.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Resident Dingo

At least they're both alive... it could have been a lot worse.

Originally Posted by ???
I've been out around that area and if its where I'm thinking.. the bike ended up in the woods because that's about all that's around that part. 4 lanes wide and not many side streets. its hillsborough but not the part your thinking of that runs thou tampa.
I wasnt aware there was a part of Hills Ave. that was out of the way. You def wouldnt want to do that shit down there by where I am thinking.