Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Need some Help

Old 03-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Boost Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some Help

Well to start off im 19 and have no credit score and want a bike and Im kind of on my own here parents wont help me cosign for one so I was wondering is there anyway for me to get financed for one. Or am I just gonna have to sit here and save up.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:33 PM
chicken sirloin

forget the bike...go to school and get a good job....then a bike with lots and lots of gear....
Old 03-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Boost Junkie

I have a job and go to school soo couldnt sway me that way.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Resident Ginger Kid...

a cosignee does not automatically get u a loan. since u have 0 credit you still wouldnt get a loan. the co signer speads out the amount of applicatble debit out. basically it says ok this person is responsible of pickin up a payment if you miss one. also it allows you to add more legal income to the application to help you if you had ok credit. since you have none you need to get a secured credit card from your bank, use it ocasionally and make minimal payments. racking up a large amount on a card and paying it all off does not help you out, it actually hurts your score. there looking for a steady flow of money.

2005 Joe Gibbs Silverado # 0396
1988 Monte Carlo SS 5.3/T56 and too many mods.
2003 Honda 954RR
Old 03-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Boost Junkie

so basicly ur telling me save my money till I have enough for the bike
Old 03-26-2008, 07:22 PM
P.I.M.P

ummm on the contrary putting something each month on your credit card and paying it all off completely each month helps your credit score A LOT by doing that i buile my credit score from 0 to 735 in about a year...i can get a load for about anything i want now

IT'S COMING!
Old 03-26-2008, 07:40 PM
2WheelsFTW

cosigner will work, the guy up there knows nothing..

im 20, i had 0 credit.. mom cosigned with me for my 07 gsxr 750, 0 money down i got approved by HSBC (theyre a bitch to get approved with, i got approved first shot)

btw, i did that when i was 19.

now im 20, my bike is paid off in full, have a seperate HSBC account open with my dirtbike on it that i got approved on first try as well, i have a bank of america and a capital one card i use for groceries and gas.

yesterday i went and bought a brand new dodge ram truck and i got approved 1st try thru suntrust financial...

basically, cosigners help alot with getting your credit jump started so you can go on to bigger and better faster.

goodluck man! dont ever pay anything late!
Old 03-28-2008, 10:43 AM
P.I.M.P

yeah the kid who started this imed me about gettin a bike and credit and stuff...he has NEVER been on a bike b4 and has no one to teach him but he can't see "waisting" the money for the basic riders course becuase its "always there" and deal on bikes are only there for a short time..he wants to get CBR600RR becuase "it looks bad ass"...i told him go for confort not looks, he has not sat on the different types of bike....all the best of luck if u need help learning i could lend a few pointers but u NEED to take the course b4 ANYTHING else (except getting gear) ooo and when u go ride let me know where ur going to be so we can all stay away from that area

IT'S COMING!
Old 03-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by 03AcuraCLTypeS
ummm on the contrary putting something each month on your credit card and paying it all off completely each month helps your credit score A LOT by doing that i buile my credit score from 0 to 735 in about a year...i can get a load for about anything i want now
Not quite. A credit score built on a revolving account isn't a real credit score. Try to buy a house with it thinking you're an A-paper buyer and you'll see what I mean.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:20 AM

hey Im 18 years old. Im basically in the same situation as you. I have zero credit. My parents wont co sign. Basically I went to ride now on 19. My brother in law went to co sign with me. hes 22. He had perfect credit and i was all set for an 08 r6 paying 170 a month. I was pretty damn happy because i knew i could afford it no problem and its somnething ive always wanted. well we went that saturday to finalize everything and my co signer changed his mind thinking he doesnt want that much on his credit even tho he knows i wont miss a payment. oh well no bike for me. i went down to my bank and got a credit card now im just building some credit so i dont have to rely on anyone else...