Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Serious question

Old 06-26-2007, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suggest riding away from all cars in a secure area for a while. (when your ready to start back)Your not afraid of the bike just the cars I bet.
like me you may find your style has changed for the better. I hope you can enjoy a nice ride again.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Called the amba lamps

^ thanks.... You pretty much have it right, it's not the bike I am afraid of....

I just would like to know it's going to be something I can manage "before" buying another bike...
Old 06-27-2007, 06:33 AM
owns a $10,000 unicycle!

hard not to be scared of cars when you get hit by one.....i got cut off on the veterans expressway by a car and went down with my girl on the bike in dec. it happened so fast there really wasnt anything i could have done about it.but the first couple times i rode after that it was scary just looking down at the ground when i got it up to speed on a major road....the worst part of all though is sliding and looking back and seeing cars doing 80 mph coming at me as my gf is flipping...dont rush it.take short rides for a while .

Old 06-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Called the amba lamps

^ yeah, I remember her posting that and me thinking how lucky you were to not get more seriously hurt.... 80 mph...double what I was going...

Thanks for the tip....
Old 06-27-2007, 12:38 PM
they call me baby Jesus

Originally Posted by cantcatchmeboy
hard not to be scared of cars when you get hit by one.....i got cut off on the veterans expressway by a car and went down with my girl on the bike in dec. it happened so fast there really wasnt anything i could have done about it.but the first couple times i rode after that it was scary just looking down at the ground when i got it up to speed on a major road....the worst part of all though is sliding and looking back and seeing cars doing 80 mph coming at me as my gf is flipping...dont rush it.take short rides for a while .
ya i seen her walking around work with the road rash and one of her friends that work here and i go on cig breaks with told me about it.