Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Rider down....me :(

Old 04-05-2006, 10:04 AM
carb cowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rider down....me :(

Im allright, bikes allright just cosmetics.....just fuckng sucks..

Btw.....helmets save lives people

I dont even WANT to know how my head would be if i didnt have it on, its all banged up, i slid for a good 15-20 feet after slamming into the curb at about 65+, tore through 3 shirts and the left side of my jeans, i didnt have my jacket on, i had my gloves on and they definitly saved my hands and my lugs held up nicely

I have about a foot and a half of rash on my leg, and a good bit on my side (hip area) which is wear most the pain is, i gather that when i lost control, i was going about 65-70 ( i hit a sand patch ) and the bike slid in to the curb and through me off high side

Then i hit the curb on the way down with my side, and starting sliding, there is a good 2 feet worth of shredded jeans where i hit still there. there was a light pole about 2 feet from wear i hit, i was very lucky and i thank god for that because i was definitly being looked after by someone.

Be careful out there guys, dont spiritly ride on roads you arent sure of and wear your damn gear.

BTW this was on my buddies CBR, he has allready dropped it a few times and is making it a stunt bike All the damage to the bike is a crack in the windscreen, and a crack in the right fairing with some other scratches here and there, the bike ended up in the grass thank god. On the plus side, earlier that day i really started to get my wheelies some what decant

They say everyone goes down once, this was my first and hopefully my last.

Im on some perks too....

Last edited by mustangman70; 04-05-2006 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:09 AM
They call me Buz...

Damn Ben, glad to hear you made it out mostly ok... At least it wasn't your zx-11. Hope you heal up quick, and enjoy the percs!

2004 GSXR 750 - Yosh CF RS3 bolt-on, -1 front, DID, Watsen Design flush mounts, LP rear LEDs, Vortex frame sliders, Blue Puig DB, Pirelli Diablos

"Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." - Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Old 04-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Banned

Whoops! At least you're around to post about it.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:24 AM

ahhh, shit happens dude. Road rash will heal as well as your ego. And yes, don't haul ass down roads you are not familiar with. G/L on the recovery.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:33 AM
carb cowboy

Recovery will be fast im sure, hell im going riding again today WOOOOT, im feeling good....but its due to meds hahaha

Whats the best way to take care of the rash guys?

Old 04-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Banned

Fuck yeah, ride that bitch around on pills! And you guys rag on me for cranking down a whiskey and firing up the ol' bike.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:41 AM

awsome! At least this time you won't feel it when you break your femur in half. Neosporin on the road rash. Just keep in moist. And clean with peroxide at night in the shower.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:42 AM
gone fishin

Originally Posted by mustangman70
Recovery will be fast im sure, hell im going riding again today WOOOOT, im feeling good....but its due to meds hahaha

Whats the best way to take care of the rash guys?
Glad you are ok...

As for the road rash, there are a few common schools of thought (and any medics please feel free to jump in and correct me).

Infection is the enemy.... keep the area clean.

Initially it needs to be thoroughly scrubbed to remove all debris from the injured area.

1) WET - Scrub it lightly with a soft cloth (3 times per day), usually after soaking it warm water, use a burn cream to aid in the healing process. Change the dressing with each cleaning.

2) DRY - Keep it clean and dry, change the dressing every couple of days, no scubbing post the initial scrub.

3) HYBRID - Clean it with peroxide frequently, lube it up with burn cream, and change the dressing as needed.

Hang in there....

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)
Old 04-05-2006, 10:47 AM

Im a fan of the HYBRID. The dry method and that shit itches, and scabs, and I would think it would scar worse. BUt hey, chicks dig scars, yeah?
Old 04-05-2006, 11:07 AM
carb cowboy

Well i got some pics off the phone ill up load later, it could have been alot worse for sure..