Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

buying a buy ?'s....

Old 09-02-2005, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying a bike ?'s....

Im just wondering is what kind interest rate would a 19 year old get financed at for a bike ? Will they financed a used bike ?…I know the interest will be higher since it is a used bike but I really don’t want to buy a new bike for the fact that ive never rode before….any places you would recommend? Thanks a lot Julian

Last edited by GsEclipse02; 09-05-2005 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:47 AM
ZAP yo dumb ass!!!!

Buy a POS bike for like $2k cash since you've never ridden before.

RIP Jason Harrill 6-12-06: Died doing what he loved

Old 09-03-2005, 04:10 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by qazvick
Buy a POS bike for like $2k cash since you've never ridden before.
+1

OR if your really stuck on buying a new/used bike, instead of financing at a dealership take out a personal loan at your bank. That way your interest rate should be lower, you should have a higher chance at getting approved(due to your age, but credit history might be iffy also because of your age)and if its a personal/signature loan you can use it for whatever and wont have to carry insurance on it. Now I know when you buy a new bike most dealers wont require to you purchase insurance, but for your age and a used bike Im not sure. Taking out a personal loan from your bank is almost the same as walking in with cash.

TR Profile
Myspace Profile
Old 09-03-2005, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ralph
+1

OR if your really stuck on buying a new/used bike, instead of financing at a dealership take out a personal loan at your bank. That way your interest rate should be lower, you should have a higher chance at getting approved(due to your age, but credit history might be iffy also because of your age)and if its a personal/signature loan you can use it for whatever and wont have to carry insurance on it. Now I know when you buy a new bike most dealers wont require to you purchase insurance, but for your age and a used bike Im not sure. Taking out a personal loan from your bank is almost the same as walking in with cash.

i plan to spend only like 4000 +or - i dont want to spend that much on it ... but i also dont want to be driving some beater ass bike you know.... ill have to go and talk to my bank then
Old 09-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Goodbye thanks 4 the fish

Originally Posted by GsEclipse02
i plan to spend only like 4000 +or - i dont want to spend that much on it ... but i also dont want to be driving some beater ass bike you know.... ill have to go and talk to my bank then

good luck, youll need it.

when I was 19 and I can guarantee I had better credit backing me I was still denied.

REason being is not long term existing accounts. why would they trust someone who has only had a credit card for a year.

04GSXR
96 Eagle Talon TSI AWD.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:05 PM
ZAP yo dumb ass!!!!

Originally Posted by FiReBReTHa
good luck, youll need it.

when I was 19 and I can guarantee I had better credit backing me I was still denied.

REason being is not long term existing accounts. why would they trust someone who has only had a credit card for a year.

+21675127356

Listen to this... my credit card with my bank.. the limit was 2300. I asked to increase it, they denied me (Good credit, just not old enough). Yet, one week later, I get approved at the dealership for up to $11,500.

Old 09-03-2005, 07:11 PM

i hope you spent a lot less on than 11,500 on that new gixxer Mat Pat

the cause of all that is evil
Old 09-04-2005, 06:32 AM
ZAP yo dumb ass!!!!

Originally Posted by five0rx791
i hope you spent a lot less on than 11,500 on that new gixxer Mat Pat

You are correct. It was 9,400 out the door. They just APPROVED me for it. I guess so that I would go buy a 1000 or something. I don't know. Cause isn't the new 1000 around 11,000 before taxes?

Old 09-04-2005, 08:42 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by Cronic
I believe personal loans are VERY hard to get. It's my understanding that you not only need colatoral but extremely good credit. The interest rate on these are usually higher then your typical bike/car loan. They are also generally short term. Like 12-24 months.
you are correct, its MUCH harder to get a personal loan than it is to get any other kind of loan....a bike loan is harder then a car just for the fact that the banks look at it like a 2nd mode of trasportation or a toy thats not needed...and if u get in financial trouble, your more then likly to not pay for your toys then your main mode of transportation....I am 22 now but when I was 19 I was approved for 7000.00 but that was with putting 1500.00 down....now at 22, I got a 29,000 bike loan with 4.49% interest...its all about your past credit history and your score and your debt to income ratio....good luck with it though...I had a buddy who had to put down like 4gs and he still got 19% interest...fuck that...