Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Went down 1 in front

Old 07-16-2005, 07:26 PM
They call me Buz...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Went down 1 in front

Finally got around to swappin the front sprocket. Surprisingly enough, it only took me about 45 min. I took it around the block, but that was it due to the weather. I am really happy with the difference. Although, I did notice that 1 or 2 more chain adjustments, and it'll be time for a new chain. Probably finish off the 520 conversion then. Sorry for my babble, just a little excited, and dying to get some more seat time.

2004 GSXR 750 - Yosh CF RS3 bolt-on, -1 front, DID, Watsen Design flush mounts, LP rear LEDs, Vortex frame sliders, Blue Puig DB, Pirelli Diablos

"Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." - Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Old 07-16-2005, 11:09 PM
gone fishin

Congrats!

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)
Old 07-17-2005, 12:07 AM

congrats i was really happy with my sprocket too i went down one tooth in the front and it was a big differance
Old 07-17-2005, 03:04 AM
jta
high five joel sucks!!!!!

Originally Posted by Blue98TA
Probably finish off the 520 conversion then.
What does that mean? You should either have the 520 stuff or not.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:18 AM

Finally got around to swappin the front sprocket. Surprisingly enough, it only took me about 45 min. I took it around the block, but that was it due to the weather. I am really happy with the difference. Although, I did notice that 1 or 2 more chain adjustments, and it'll be time for a new chain. Probably finish off the 520 conversion then. Sorry for my babble, just a little excited, and dying to get some more seat time.
Cool, HOWEVER, you should be changing ALL the sprockets and chain in a SET. Sprockets and chains wear as a set and putting a new sprocket on an old chain and rear sprocket is gonna kill the lifetime of that front sprocket not to mention when you finally get a new rear sprocket and new chain it will not take long to "stretch" (actually wear, elongate, the bushings on the chain) the chain. I recommend going ahead and getting your chain and rear sprocket you want asap. Just my .02