Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

2005 Yamaha R6 STOLEN!!!!

Old 06-29-2005, 07:00 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Supralover
I could be wrong but because of the risk of having your bike stolen is so high, I was under the impression that Comprehensive was an insane amount of money. If it was so cheap wouldn't everyone have it ?
hes right for the most part, I mean its not dirt cheap but its affordable...when I had an 02 GSXR 600 in 2003 it cost me 140.00 a month for comprehensive with a 500.00 deductible and it also covered me in case I was to hit somone so they didnt take anything from me, I was covered with liability to like 300k....people that dont get insurance shouldnt buy a bike cause thats just asking for it....
Old 06-29-2005, 07:03 AM
pwns.

Originally Posted by XtremeVision
hes right for the most part, I mean its not dirt cheap but its affordable...when I had an 02 GSXR 600 in 2003 it cost me 140.00 a month for comprehensive with a 500.00 deductible and it also covered me in case I was to hit somone so they didnt take anything from me, I was covered with liability to like 300k....people that dont get insurance shouldnt buy a bike cause thats just asking for it....
+1

113/mo here for full coverage, 100/300, 250 deductible. 00 zx6.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by snook
P.S. I'm getting the names of you guys pissing on people when they are down. All I can say is I can't wait to rub your noses in shit WHEN it happens to you. Good Luck! ;p

You haven't been around TR for that long, have you?
Old 06-29-2005, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Soluxx
You haven't been around TR for that long, have you?

I garauntee there are thieves here on TR.....Its still fucked up...Im out 8 grand too, and the above posters "asking for it" comment isnt taken lightly...Unless you mean when someone catches one of these thieves and pistol whips him and leaves him in the woods tied to a tree with his hands cut off and left to bleed out they were asking for it too....

2 wrongs make a right?.....I guess?
Old 06-29-2005, 09:46 AM
Just telling it how it is

Originally Posted by neksone
I garauntee there are thieves here on TR.....Its still fucked up...Im out 8 grand too, and the above posters "asking for it" comment isnt taken lightly...Unless you mean when someone catches one of these thieves and pistol whips him and leaves him in the woods tied to a tree with his hands cut off and left to bleed out they were asking for it too....

2 wrongs make a right?.....I guess?
+1 on the fact that there are probably theives on TR! I mean what better place to go than on a motorcycle message board where people post details about the location of their homes and go on rides with all of the random fucks of tampa !
Old 06-29-2005, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Supralover
+1 on the fact that there are probably theives on TR! I mean what better place to go than on a motorcycle message board where people post details about the location of their homes and go on rides with all of the random fucks of tampa !

Possibly, but why would you take the time to research and hunt down people on messageboards when you can go into any apartment complex and just grab a bike? Y'all are giving way too much credit to these goobers. They ain't all that smart.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Just telling it how it is

Originally Posted by Soluxx
Possibly, but why would you take the time to research and hunt down people on messageboards when you can go into any apartment complex and just grab a bike? Y'all are giving way too much credit to these goobers. They ain't all that smart.
I see what you mean but they're smart enough to get away with it! These guys are riders just like you and I. They follow bikes home on rides etc and I've heard people having their garages broken into because this particular person knows where they lock it up. It isn't always the random drive-by case where the guys say "hey let's steal that bike!" ....I don't know.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:24 AM

the night my bike was stolen they took a ducati as well, same complex....they obviously had cased us at least once.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:40 PM
pwns.

...which is why just because they met up with you to ride, doesnt mean you need to tell them where you live, or that you shouldnt be sure youre not being followed home. and get insurance.

8k+ is no laughing matter, when the stress can be averted by paying 100-150/mo.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by m0nk3y
...which is why just because they met up with you to ride, doesnt mean you need to tell them where you live, or that you shouldnt be sure youre not being followed home. and get insurance.

8k+ is no laughing matter, when the stress can be averted by paying 100-150/mo.
well, you know where I worked and at the time I couldnt afford the insurance....either way my bad.