Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Bike Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/bike-tech/)
-   -   2005 Yamaha R6 STOLEN!!!! (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/bike-tech/243847-2005-yamaha-r6-stolen.html)

moparacaing 06-27-2005 09:03 PM

2005 Yamaha R6 STOLEN!!!!

I'm posting this for my friend-------My firend's brand new 05 Yamaha R6 was just stolen early monday morning between 12:00a.m. and 5:00 a.m. This bike was sweet it was jet black no other colors. It has a double buble wind visor also black, the factory rear turnsignal and license plate bracket was removed. The bike was reported stolen to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office. I'm sorry I don't have a serial # posted yet he's going to get back to me with it and I'll post it soon.. My firend has not purchased insurance for the bike yet so he's out finacially, BIG TIME!! Please if you think you may know anything about this bike please contact the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office immediately. Thankyou! :wtf:

Charles 06-27-2005 09:23 PM

another reminder to carry COMP insurance if nothing else.... COMP is dirt cheap usuallly.... only the collision kills you on the premium..... good luck finding it....

XtremeVision 06-27-2005 09:26 PM

sorry to hear that, but its stupidity..he should have bought the insurance before leaving the dealer...if you cant afford at least comp...u shouldnt buy the bike...

KrazyInKamo 06-28-2005 06:36 PM

uhm... last time I checked u have to have insurance if it has a lein on it.. but hey.. who am I to point out things that are illegal, huh?

LS1ETR 06-28-2005 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by KrazyInKamo
uhm... last time I checked u have to have insurance if it has a lein on it.. but hey.. who am I to point out things that are illegal, huh?

If you have a motorcycle loan from the bank you have to have insurance. But if you finance by the dealership you dont.

Charles 06-28-2005 07:04 PM

Yup.. less than 10k most places = no INS required.... it is a credit line essentially... not a "lein"

Krystle Burger 06-29-2005 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Charles
another reminder to carry COMP insurance if nothing else.... COMP is dirt cheap usuallly.... only the collision kills you on the premium..... good luck finding it....

I could be wrong but because of the risk of having your bike stolen is so high, I was under the impression that Comprehensive was an insane amount of money. If it was so cheap wouldn't everyone have it ?

neksone 06-29-2005 05:17 AM

Nope...my zx636r was stolen- no ins required....We need to catch up with the people who are robbing these bikes-

snook 06-29-2005 05:36 AM

The difference between comp and full coverage is amazing. I got comp/property damage/PIP for like $460 a year from progressive. I'm older and married, so it is much better then what a single young person could get, but really even at $776 a year, how much heartache would he have saved?

P.S. I'm getting the names of you guys pissing on people when they are down. All I can say is I can't wait to rub your noses in shit WHEN it happens to you. Good Luck! ;p

JimmyHat 06-29-2005 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by neksone
Nope...my zx636r was stolen- no ins required....We need to catch up with the people who are robbing these bikes-

You need to set some bait and let them come to you. Then baseball bat there truck and kick the ever living shit out the them.