Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

2012 SCCA events at Brooksville, volunteers needed, tentative schedule

Old 01-19-2012, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 SCCA events at Brooksville, volunteers needed, tentative schedule

I have volunteered to take the position as the West Coast coordinator.

I am working on creating a calendar of events at Brooksville for 2012. Below is a tentative schedule of dates that are available to us, all are on Saturdays.

3/10
4/7
5/26
6/16
7/14
8/4
9/22

In order to proceed with the schedule we need to have volunteers help with the key positions needed to run an event. Ideally the positions that need to be filled are:

Timing Chief

Registration Chief

Trophy Chairman

Worker Chief

Course Designer

Chief Safety Steward

Equipment Chief

Minimally we need at least one person to do registration and timing, one to be the equipment chief, and someone to be the designated Solo Safety Steward of record. For the rest we can folks to fill in at the events, though it is preferred to have a designated person (or persons) for each.

Older descriptions of these positions can be found at the CFR SOLO site: SCCA Solo II Regional Policies and Procedures Manual These are close, but if you are really interested in one, contact me or Chuck Lutz for more details about each position and the amount of time/commitment required (it’s probably not as much as you think!)

You can send me a private message, or email me at dwelsh56@hotmail.com. Chuck can be reached at solo@cfrscca.org.

Lets keep the CFR West Coast SOLO program alive.

Thanks

Dave Welsh
Old 01-19-2012, 08:57 AM

Way to step up Dave. I have posted the same text on the CFR site, I hope you can get some volunteers. For everybody reading this, don't let the formal descriptions of the jobs, on the website, discourage you. Sure it's a lot of work but like Dave said, probably not all you think it is. There are some perks too!
Old 01-24-2012, 01:28 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

I hope you find the volunteers needed to run these events. If I can plan any of them in advenace I'll PM you to see if I can assist. The first one is the same weekend as the Dixie Tour so that one is out for me.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 01-28-2012, 11:50 AM

If we can make any, I'll let you know as far in advance as possible. Any we make, we will come early and help any way you need.Scott