Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Something to consider: Trailer Broken Into

Old 06-09-2010, 12:57 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something to consider: Trailer Broken Into

This came in an email from the SCCA today. Just sharing as it may a thought to our clubs around the area as well.

Solo Community,

I had announced in an earlier email that the first issue of SoloMatters would be out on the second Wednesday of June and then every second Wednesday after that.

While editor Heyward Wagner got all the editorial content ready to go last night, we have had some problems this morning with our service provider getting all the details finalized for distribution, so the first issue has been delayed until early next week. We apologize for this delay and we hope this is the last obstacle to getting Solo information flowing to you on a regular basis.

As a side note, this has not been the best day for news for us. Not only did we find out this morning about the delay in the e-newsletter, but we also got word that the truck that tows the Tire Rack SCCA timing and scoring Pace American trailer was stolen last night in Virginia . The thieves also broke into the trailer and stole all of our laptop computers, but they left everything else untouched. Luckily this was an off weekend and no one was injured. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of those that quickly offered help so that we can go forward with plans for next weekend’s Tire Rack ProSolo in Washington DC . A special thanks goes to Ian Baker who is towing the trailer from western VA to the DC area as I write this. Once again proof that the term “Solo Community” is not just a slogan.

See you at the starting line,

H.
Howard Duncan, SCCA VP, Rally/Solo
ugh.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 06-09-2010, 01:06 PM
5 Cylinders Of Fury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, that sucks.

One of the many downsides of the shitty economy is that crime will be going up as the desperate and unscrupulous resort to crime as a way to get what they want or items they can convert into $$$.

I've been living in the same place for years now and just last month had someone try to break into my garage.

Bottom line is everyone needs to take extra precautions since theft is certainly on the rise.

Crazy Camber, Stretch & Poke; its the new triple-stack-bleacher-wing ricer fad that's all the rage nowadays, lol