Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

A few more FSF auto-x pics

Old 05-20-2002, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by "Someone"

He was on d.o.t. rubber you jack off!!!An no he did not cheat or pay anyone off.Dont get mad just cause someone has a natural skill for something.Why dont you think about the things that you say before you say them that way you wont look like such a jack ass!!
LOL I thought group 44 knew rainmanEK and was just fucking with him.. I didnt realize the guy was being serious with his remarks.. doh.
Old 05-20-2002, 12:43 PM
Wherever I may roam...

I was thinking the same thing as dave.
Old 05-20-2002, 01:14 PM

group 44 is my dad he came on to see how stupid i looked in picture though my roomate quicksilver did not no! haha to funny atleast he tried sticking up for me but now my dads gonna beat his ass! hehe
Old 05-20-2002, 02:27 PM
The Mole

Callin your roomates dad a jack off huh??? LOL
Old 05-20-2002, 03:06 PM

No matter how much people bitch about your past driving experience eric. Dave is right your a damn good driver and some people cant take they got beat. Eric is going to be a guy to watch for in upcoming autocrosses. I cant wait to run the gainesville event again just to see how eric does out there. I think we are planning on hitting the fort myers course next. The one thing i like about autocrossing is the people i meet and are involved in it are about helping eachother and giving driving tips unlike gay dragracing where most kids have a shitty attitude because they think there car is fastest car in the world. Thats all i have to say about that and we should be happy 1 of are tr members is out of novice. I cant wait till that day.
Old 05-20-2002, 07:12 PM

Yeah Im his dad.......and I tought him everything he knows. Hes still a punk and hes going DOWN as soon as I get my Miata dialed in. Look out Shields Eric is comming for you.
Old 05-21-2002, 08:10 AM
Haul'n the Family

Group44...I get it...I thought it was an unusual name for a TR member. Group 44 was the racing group that campaigned Triumph TR4 and TR6 sportscars back it the 60s and 70s. The semi-famous driver Bob Tullius was normally behind the wheel of the #44 car. Okay there is my little history leson for anyone who cares. (Do I hear crickets?)

Also....I think anyone that says roadracing experience doesnt give you you a decisive advantage on a autocross course is crazy. Im sure Mario Andretti would whip my ass driving MY OWN car on a autocross track...even if he never has done it before.
The biggest equation in Auto-x is seeing the fastest line feeling the balance of the car and being able able to control the car smoothly and efficiently. These are qualities you develope in any kind of sportscar racing not just autocross.

Not to take any credit away from Eric. He just plain kicked but. No doubt to a combination of learned technique AND natural talent.

Oh yeah Shawn...I have seen that Gville Protoge in action. Youre right he would kick my but in fact he has kicked it once. My money is on him kicking your butt too and almost anyone elses butt as well HS or non HS. That dude is fast!
Old 05-21-2002, 08:57 AM
OUCH!!!

dude... all i hear is crickets.... <chirp chirp chirp... >

Old 05-21-2002, 11:17 AM

Jason drives the HS Protege and hes kinda a favorite for Topeka this year Jesse (whom you saw that weekend) usually drives an STS Protege and hes some sort of prodigy. Jason has been having Him co-drive the HS car while the STS car is out of commission. A few weeks ago at a Divisional event (i think) Jason was 2 sec faster on Sat and on Sunday Jesse was a sec faster than Jason.
Those two are insane.

All I need is a tranny and Ill be up there. BUT as soon as the STS protege is up I will have a chance to compare my skills to Jesse b/c I will be codriving until the Talon is complete.

This like all of my posts for the last 3 days is nothing more than post whoring.
-Shawn
Old 05-21-2002, 12:25 PM

Sorry Fastforward but I have to disagree from experience. Drag racing helps you just as much as road racing exp in autocross in every motorsports event you have to be smooth even drag racing but the driving style is so completely different they are NOTHING alike.