Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

A few more FSF auto-x pics

Old 05-19-2002, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he didnt talk to me about previous experience and I think he DID tell Katie about it (so hes good to go IMO)... if hes driven in 3 or less events in a Solo2 without a trohy he was eligible for Novice Class...

On the same note he is now ineligible for Novice due to his victory... as Leonard said Time to play with the big (but SLOW lol) dogs.

nice win... and good job in SM Leonard. Did you see how Elliot in the NX beat the 944? A car on street tires beat a guy in a faster car on RACE TIRES... oh and that wasnt any guy... it was DANNY SHIELDS!!!! Multiclass multiyear National Champion?! Fuck Elliot is good!

-Shawn
Old 05-19-2002, 11:57 AM

yeah thats me!it was my first scca solo event and yes i have experince and i told some people but no one really cared? i have raced in the runoffs (scca national road raing championships) and am a two time WKA (gokart) national champion! i look forward to running outside of novice because i have alot more mods to do to car along with preping! so watch out! heheee peace eric
Old 05-19-2002, 12:34 PM
OUCH!!!

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by 138MustangGT
he didnt talk to me about previous experience and I think he DID tell Katie about it (so hes good to go IMO)... if hes driven in 3 or less events in a Solo2 without a trohy he was eligible for Novice Class...

On the same note he is now ineligible for Novice due to his victory... as Leonard said Time to play with the big (but SLOW lol) dogs.

nice win... and good job in SM Leonard. Did you see how Elliot in the NX beat the 944? A car on street tires beat a guy in a faster car on RACE TIRES... oh and that wasnt any guy... it was DANNY SHIELDS!!!! Multiclass multiyear National Champion?! Fuck Elliot is good!

-Shawn

Oh hes totaly fine but I still say its highly questionable

And actually I didnt do all that well in SM on sunday.. 3rd out of 4... Took me until my 4th run to really start to find my lines... and by then it was over... I think I was still overdriving the Kumhos on Sunday some as well.. not as bad as Saturday (what can I say.. it was fun!) but still some...

Man I wish I could see the course like Elliot or Danny... That would be nice.

Old 05-19-2002, 02:25 PM
Haul'n the Family

I was placed in Novice too. My car has been recently downgraded from GS to HS since the new Altima came out and is in GS now. Rarely do I ever see any HS cars out at Autocross events anymore. I have run about 8 or 9 autocrosses so I guess its sorta unfair that I had been placed in Novice. I metioned this at sign-up but they figured since noone was going to run in HS that Id get more competition in Novice. Oh well. I should have petitioned to run in GS. That would have been more fair for me! Many newbies spanked me big time! HAHA!
Overall I think I placed 7th out of 19 in Novice and I would have placed 3rd out of 7 in GS. (If I remember correctly) Guess its all the same. Looking forward to next time.
Old 05-19-2002, 03:13 PM

I think we should kick that kid in the white Cvic in the butt. He must have been cheating first race my ass....and on D.O.T. rubber. He must of cut the course while no one was watching or paid off the timing people.
Old 05-19-2002, 06:41 PM

I wish I had been watching AFAIK there was no civic that was fast at the event. lol

uhh and HS is a class you will have competition in in Gainesville... and you will lose to a guy in a Protege... unless he breaks something.

i cant wait until I get to beat up on you guys.

and Leonard... now will you maybe listen to advice? just because I cant drive your car doesnt mean I cant feel where you can go faster... especially since thats all I have to concentrate on when I am riding along. but do listen to Jesse more than me he has a different style.

-Shawn

Old 05-20-2002, 06:31 AM
OUCH!!!

Originally posted by 138MustangGT
and Leonard... now will you maybe listen to advice? just because I cant drive your car doesnt mean I cant feel where you can go faster... especially since thats all I have to concentrate on when I am riding along. but do listen to Jesse more than me he has a different style.

-Shawn

Probably not... Ill get the stickies on the car and be having way too much fun tossing the car around to bother with trying to drive smooth....
Old 05-20-2002, 09:03 AM

In reality SCCA road racing experience (or even track events) does not make you a better autox driver in the least. Youre in a completely different car and one thats not setup for autocross road racing cars (when properly setup) are no designed to do transitions that well and certainly not low speed turns just as an autocross purpose built car will not handle a road course anywhere near as well as a car setup for road courses. This is from my personal experience (while not great but still a few years worth) with my cars which were setup solely for road courses vs other integras (and other cars) that Ive driven that were setup for autocross... so IMO rainmanEK should not have run any class except novice he is a good driver which is why he won but hes not a good driver due to experience in this type of event.. anyone questioning that has an obvious lack of experience driving purpose built road racing cars..

sorry just my 2cents not trying to offend anyone not even you lenny.
Old 05-20-2002, 11:24 AM
The one punch machine gun

Originally posted by group 44
I think we should kick that kid in the white Cvic in the butt. He must have been cheating first race my ass....and on D.O.T. rubber. He must of cut the course while no one was watching or paid off the timing people.

He was on d.o.t. rubber you jack off!!!An no he did not cheat or pay anyone off.Dont get mad just cause someone has a natural skill for something.Why dont you think about the things that you say before you say them that way you wont look like such a jack ass!!
Old 05-20-2002, 11:49 AM
OUCH!!!

Besides that the course was setup on Sunday morning. NOBODY had an opportunity to run it prior to competiton prior to the start of the event (save those lucky few individuals who got reruns because of the timing system...)