Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

FAST Autocross - Brooksville - Dec. 12

Old 11-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Registered Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope to make it out there then. I know my car isnt really suspension modded for this kind of thing but I figured I would test the limits of the car safely and if I like it take some action and make a few mods.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:12 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Originally Posted by FoxHondaRider
I hope to make it out there then. I know my car isn't really suspension modded for this kind of thing but I figured I would test the limits of the car safely and if I like it take some action and make a few mods.
that's exactly what you should. test the baseline of the car and see what you would like to do. you might even want to try a few events out pending how quickly you pick up on it to see if what you really want to modify. as you drive the course smoother then you will know what you and your car needs. see what the rules of the club you are with have for class limits and see if you want to build it inside those or another class.

competing with other cars in a class is really fun.

remember this event is at Brooksville so you will need to preregister before the event to be allowed on-site due to Homeland Security rules.

I hope you go and the addiction hits you

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 11-23-2009, 03:14 PM

Heads Up, folks!
Just wanted to remind everyone that this is one of only TWO opportunities you'll have to autocross in the month of December, and THE last opportunity in 2009! Miss this one and you'll be carryin' your autocross jones with you until January 17th!

On top of all that, this event is going to be pretty awesome! (dare I say "legendary"?) Why? Because we're running not one but TWO courses! We'll be splitting into groups and running them both at the same time. Switch courses at lunch and do it again. You're looking at about 12 runs (possibly more) on two different courses!

All that fun, plus the World Famous FAST lunch, for just $30. You can't go wrong. So, spread the word on the other local car forums. We have a 60-car limit, and this would be a great event for us to reach that limit.

For those who aren't familiar with Brooksville autocross events, a couple of important things:
1. YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER - no later than December 3rd. (that's next week!) This is due to airport security rules, we can't allow you on-site if you're not on the list that is submitted a week prior to the event.
2. YOU MUST BE ON TIME - if you show up after 9am, nobody will be at the gate to let you in.

AND LASTLY, just to answer a bunch of questions, I'm going to regurgitate the info that Steve posted at the top of this thread:

FAST Autocross Event 4

DATE: 12/12/2009
COST: $30
CITY: Brooksville
THE DETAILS / REGISTRATION INFO: Event Registration
OFFICIAL EVENT CONVERSATION: FAST Forum thread
MAIN FAST SITE: FAST
CONTACTS: Director Registrar
Old 11-25-2009, 04:45 AM
The Innovator

and just so's everyone knows, while attendance is capped at 60, there's already 30 folks registered. So, there's only, um, what is that, uh, about 30 spots left...don't miss this one!
Old 11-27-2009, 12:38 PM

Course maps approved:
Check 'em out

Did you register yet? Registration closes December 3!
Old 11-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Passed you

Will come out with a fresh team in 2010 Cars are not even close to being ready for the dec events

Old 11-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Registered Hater

What time does it end? I want to go but I want to also go to the JDM UP's meet in Bradenton to hit up the 1320 and see what my car can do now.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:47 AM

Should be done between 3 and 4pm, possibly earlier.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:22 PM
The Innovator

1 day of registration left.

This is Brooksville, folks, you gotta decide soon!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:59 PM

Yeah, what he said.

Steve... what did you innovate?