Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Gainesville events are on as well...

Old 04-08-2002, 10:28 PM
1337 H4x0r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Falkens are THE budget soloII street tire class choice.

I dont think the V700s are going to be a wise choice in your case unless your mods already put you into a soloII class that allows you to run R compound rubber like V700s.

I cant stress enough importance on being very clear on the soloII classing when making your tire choice.
Old 04-09-2002, 04:00 AM
OUCH!!!

<THWACK> He was already looking at Yok R compound tires...

You and your stinking Falkens.... Yeah they are sticky but they aint got nothin on the Kumhos. Warm Kumhos feel almost like silly putty... (And when you drive on em you feel like a 5 year old who was just given a wad of silly putty and the sunday comics).
Old 04-09-2002, 06:06 AM
drives euro trash

Im getting a deal on the Falkens...so Im going with those right now. Of course as time and money permit I will be trying other combonations. Thanks for the input.
Old 04-09-2002, 06:26 PM

Istepnio.. what the hell are you talking about are you dumb?

Unless you are in STS drive on VictorRacers they are DOT and I ran them in STOCK class. Everyone in stock runs Kumhos or Hoosiers. You are one daft gypsie.
The only class you would not want to run them in is MOD because you drive on FULL RACE RUBBER in mod classes.
VictorRacers are the cheapest stickiest tires a thrifty driver can buy.
Jesse drives his STS Protege on (his third set of)Azenis and he has driven my car once as well. Hed love to drive on V700s if theyd let him. Azenis are not even to be compared with V700s they are a different class of tire. The Falkens will last you just a few more races (say 50% longer max) and cost you less and cost you traction.
Just my opinion...

I may be driving on Falkens soon and my SN might change but that is another story...
Old 04-10-2002, 06:11 AM
1337 H4x0r

WOW... Calling me names like dumb and daft gypsie(?) for no good reason.

I was under the impression that his Focus was in the Street Touring class that does not allow R compound tires. Its possible that it was a poor assumption on my part but based on his post(s) he was never considering R compound tires for his Focus. Im also running in STX and its hard to argue with my statement that The Falkens are the -->**budget**<-- soloII -->**street tire class**<-- choice as I stated in my original reply that you thought was so dumb. I never stated that the Falkens are in any way better than the V700s but I mearly suggested that he considers classing before making a tire choice. I dont see how that would be dumb considering its common mistake for people to make mods and purchase tires before considering SoloII classing.

Sean please clearify why any of this stated in my reply was dumb?! In my case I would be in a clear classing disadvantage if I went with R compound tires considering the WRX with my current mods. Its possible I might be in a special circumstance with the WRX but I think its a far cry from being flamed. You even said yourself that the guy in the Mazda was in the same boat in STS. No flames here but I dont see any of this as being dumb in the slightest? I really dont want to be arrogant here so please clarify my flaw here.
Old 04-10-2002, 06:32 AM

that wasnt a flame.. you know I am mouthy. and I thought daft gypsie was rather hilarious while Im on that subject. itd make a great ska band name.

initially though all cars are in STOCK thus allowed R comps.
you said if he added mods that moved him into a class that ALLOWED R comps mods would move him to STS more likely than NOT. And that is the ONLY class that requires street tires. So I am to assume that a focus is ALREADY in the ONLY class that reqs Streets and mods would move him into ANY other class that allows Rs. hmmmm. I just thought you were under the assumption that STOCK classes run street tires. Some people actually think that!

Yeah I admit it I go around FLAMING the guys I autoX with thats good business! it promotes fraternity.
Mind you there are 2-3 people I WOULD flame because they are assholes and either whine all the damn time or CHEAT at autoXs... thats a whole different story.

sending love your way
Old 04-10-2002, 06:47 AM
1337 H4x0r

<cough> appology is accepted... I can see how my wording might of been a little off and I can see how you might of made the mistake of thinking that Im being a dumb daft gypsie.

Just for the record I fully realize that only the Street edit: Touring class(es) like STS/STX requires 140+ thread wear tires and that the stock class(es) allow R compound tires.

Im just glad that we cleared things up so quickly. Sending love back your way .
Old 04-10-2002, 07:17 AM
OUCH!!!

Originally posted by "Someone"

[i]Im just glad that we cleared things up so quickly. Sending love back your way .[/b]

Awwww... how sweet... a little homosexual but sweet none the less.....
Old 04-11-2002, 08:10 AM
drives euro trash

So will entry fees be about the same as last time? $30 per day right?
Old 04-11-2002, 08:37 AM
1337 H4x0r

click me: http://www.eec.com/racing/Flyers2002/0512fsf.pdf
bookmark me: http://www.eec.com/racing/logbook.html