Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

camera mount

Old 04-02-2002, 10:16 PM
1337 H4x0r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found what seems to be a pretty nice camera mount that does not require a roll cage or any other modifications. It seems pretty reasonable ~$130 shipped assuming everything is included.

Does anyone have the specific details for the SCCA rules regarding camera mounts in SoloII events? No mention of in-car cameras in the 2002 National Solo Rules.

Old 04-03-2002, 04:49 AM
Livin' in Seattle

Looks the same as mine just a little prettier but I built mine for $25. Ive used it for quite a few events and have never had a problem with it.

Old 04-03-2002, 07:18 PM

You can do what I do... just seatbelt the silly old tripod into the passengerseat... FIRMLY.
it iwill make it through tech if it does not move more than 1 in either direction unless FORCED and if it moves morethan that you wont like the video anyhow
Old 04-04-2002, 10:20 AM
1337 H4x0r

Someone pointed me towards this homemade mount:
http://www.sandmracing.com/m_in06_cameramount.html

Im trying to contact the folks to get a parts list and maybe some details. I might just end up browsing Home Depot this weekend and see if I can anything that might work. Ill let you guys know what I end up doing.