Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

where is the nearest autocrossing events?

Old 03-05-2002, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you guys know when and where any close autocrossing events are???thanx
Old 03-06-2002, 10:15 AM
Haul'n the Family

go to www.sunriders.com its in St. Pete at St. Pete Juior College Allstate campus.
Old 03-06-2002, 10:19 AM

Why dont you read some of the posts here? This is a dumb quetion in that the answers are RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!!!!

Otherwise there are autocrosses in Gainesville Tampa St Pete Ft Myers Orlando Jacksonville Palm Bay... where do you want to autocross and which weekend I am sure you can find an event if you ask more specifically.

Is there an autocross (enter date) in (name city) or nearby?
Gainesville March 9th + 10th Central FL Region SCCA
St Pete March 24th Sunriders Miata Club
St Pete March 23rd Porsche Club
Tampa April ?? + ?? CFR SCCA (@ State Fairgrounds hopefully)
Orlando May 26th CFR SCCA
(I dont keep track of FtMyers Jax or Palm Bay)

Old 03-07-2002, 12:17 PM

well lets see here since this is a TAMPA forum i thought i would be near TAMPA.....cuz i would think i would want near TAMPA...and did i ask when no i didnt so you can shut the hell up and never say that again! (and thanks for your help)
Old 03-07-2002, 01:47 PM

Look pansy I wasnt flaming or calling you a moron or anything. Just kinda nudging you meaning uhhh look in front of you...

You probably wont race anyhow. Everyone is always like Im gonna race Im gonna race that means Im not a poser!!! and then they never race. The best intentions of actually driving... dont mean jack.

PLEASE prove me wrong! I might be an ass but its just to make you show up! Actually Im not an ass in real life Im ranting now...

Honestly though there were plenty of autocrosses listed did you think we were holding out on some? (heh heh Im not gonna tell anyone about this one... not unless they ask!) lol

Welcome to the autox scene.
Old 03-07-2002, 02:05 PM
Haul'n the Family

OKAY...ILL PULL THIS WEBSITE OVER AND MAKE YOU BOTH WALK HOME RGHT NOW!!!!

HAHA!!! Yeah man...I agree. If you talk smack (you being a general term) and never even show up at a single Autocross event then you are legally classified as a poser. Most rice rocket posers are too chicken to show up and watch themselves get schooled by people like me in my family hauling bone stock 1st gen Altima!!! Hahaha! So come on all you posers and bring it!Bring your V-tec smeetec and be whipped to a frothy ooze by by 4 door slow-mobile!!!!

You know drag racing is cool....I love to do it too but its not about money spent on a car that makes you rank well in your class in a autocross Id say its 75% skill and 25% car.

Okay did I get you all wanting to come out and race? Realisticly...Im really not that good at autoXing. Heehee. But at least I try.
Old 03-07-2002, 04:43 PM

Currently I am a poser I admit it but I would someday like to do any type of auto racing (other that just drag) that I can do in a normal car (or even my wifes minivan). Is there a website or something you recommend where I could find out whats required to participate in these races? About a year ago I was briefly looking into SCCA racing but it seemed like it would take a year of training and expensive schools just to participate. I would just like to safely and legally (well who cares about legal) race a normal steet car (or minivan) around a track with other people that would like to do the same thing. If something like this really exsists please let me know.

God I hate Mullets!!!
Old 03-08-2002, 03:01 AM
No Ants Drift Member

theres no schools involved.. just good tires good brakes and alot of patience.. you can race novice class in SCCA or just come out to the sunriders and have a blast! either way its fun...

i should have my new tires soon and its all over on the course!
Old 03-08-2002, 03:18 AM

Can I drive your cute little Miata!!!! I wish!

God I hate Mullets!!!
Old 03-08-2002, 08:14 AM

I started on my street tires even! All it cost was the entry fee for the event! (I went ahead and bought membership too because I love this shit)

Within 2 months I decided to get a spare set of rims and a set of race only tires to appease my wife after I flatspotted my aquatreads! I bought some Kumho VictoRacer V700s... oh god yes they stick!

(NOTE: Goodyear Aquatreads are NOT to be confised with any type of performance tire... they suck to high heaven but are good in the rain If you MUSt buy Goodyear get Eagle ZRs otherwise for street tires buy Kumho 712s or Falken Azenis)

Autocrossing is a relatively cheap sport that is less stressful on your car than dragracing. AND it teaches you how to handle a 25mph curve at 45mph! Best of all it has nothing to do with reaction time!