Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Showdown Rallycross #2

Old 11-18-2008, 10:59 AM
PROcess R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to get a car to use for ralllycross someday. I'm dying to give this a try.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:31 AM

You can always rent or borrow a car. But if you try it, you'll love it. So then you might as well buy a car.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Race Photographer

I will be at RPI that weekend, hopefully I can be done up saturday night and head home and make the rally on sunday

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 11-21-2008, 10:22 AM
TOTALLY AWESOME.

gotta check some schedule stuff, but i want to do another one of these the last one was a blast. probably means pulling my coilovers off though. i don't know how ultra stiff tein's will do on dirt.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:50 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

I don't think I'd do a rallycross on coilovers. Especially if it's the 240 in your sig. My stock suspension 240 was pushing the limits on ground clearance and compliance when I ran last year. Actually, the afternoon run session- after rally tire and big power AWD guys ripped it up- was so rough I felt it was OVER the limit, as I started bottoming hard in the ruts. I gave up trying to drive faster and started driving way outside the lines to avoid the rutted areas. The surface was fine in the morning, though.

The guy next to me in the pits had a WRX fairly slammed on stiff coilovers and he gave it two or three runs on the smoother morning surface before calling it quits and leaving. He said it was so rough he felt like he was going to pound a coilover through his strut tower. Sort of another data point against running the event in a stiff lowered car.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:55 PM
bucket

Originally Posted by siberian57
I need to get a car to use for ralllycross someday. I'm dying to give this a try.
Not sure if they have any left, but Hertz used to rent Subaru Outbacks
Old 11-24-2008, 05:37 AM
TOTALLY AWESOME.

Originally Posted by Jordan Y.
I don't think I'd do a rallycross on coilovers. Especially if it's the 240 in your sig. My stock suspension 240 was pushing the limits on ground clearance and compliance when I ran last year. Actually, the afternoon run session- after rally tire and big power AWD guys ripped it up- was so rough I felt it was OVER the limit, as I started bottoming hard in the ruts. I gave up trying to drive faster and started driving way outside the lines to avoid the rutted areas. The surface was fine in the morning, though.

The guy next to me in the pits had a WRX fairly slammed on stiff coilovers and he gave it two or three runs on the smoother morning surface before calling it quits and leaving. He said it was so rough he felt like he was going to pound a coilover through his strut tower. Sort of another data point against running the event in a stiff lowered car.
Not the 240 in my sig, thats my old car. I was asking about my legacy turbo that has coilovers. But I traded the car yesterday, so no more rallyx for me... thanks for the input though.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:11 AM

My 240 is lowered 2". Do yall think I will be ok?

S13 & S14 parts FS: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/n...r-st-pete.html
Old 12-03-2008, 04:52 PM

It's good to see that the entry list for this is almost at the 20 mark. Hopefully we get 25 or so entries this time. If you have never tried rallycross and have ever thought you wanted to, this is the event to show up to. Lots of seat time, great weather, full facility use. It's sure to be a great time.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:13 PM

I'm jonesin' for some action. Do I still have a ride in your SVT?