Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

11/25 Rally

Old 11-19-2007, 06:17 AM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only 6 Days Left, If your serious about registering ask me for a coupon code and I'll get one thrown up on MAE, if anyone is planing on walk up registration I'd appreicate a quick email so I can plan to bring enough route instructions etc,

Thanks,
Old 11-19-2007, 07:34 AM

What time to workers need to arrive, Jeff?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:23 AM
legend behind the cowl

I'd like to have the Checkpoint teams there no later then 9:00AM (sorry Loren, I know you're not a morning person) the checkpoints are kinda hidden and I need to show you on a map where they are. I think Mike (Cpages2) fin. is going to be our starter. which is a simple enough job.

I only have 2 Checkpoint teams Loren, so you have your work cut out for you AND you will be filling out time cards as they arrive. i really want to get punch card time clocks but the reason for that will come with time.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:50 PM
TOTALLY AWESOME.

I didn't get route instructions yet... can you email them to me? SOlsenA6@gmail.com

Thanks,
-Sean
Old 11-19-2007, 06:20 PM
PWN5 J00

Originally Posted by NeedCAforS13
I didn't get route instructions yet... can you email them to me? SOlsenA6@gmail.com

Thanks,
-Sean
You wont until event day.

Jeff,

Do you have a tow vehicle for this event? Our team can supply a 4X4 with tow straps, various fluids and Gas if you would like. That way he can help anyone that gets stuck. Just let me know and I will make sure he comes up with the team.

Also what is the starter job you speak of???

- Mike
Old 11-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Race Photographer

technically I will be there taking pics along the route in my truck, if you guys wanna bring stuff and put in the back of mine thats cool, its a big 4x4 though. I think boards, a shovel, and a good tool kit would definetly be needed

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 11-19-2007, 07:59 PM
legend behind the cowl

Originally Posted by NeedCAforS13

Thanks,
-Sean

Like Mike said. there is No Recce, to make it fair to everybody including the teams coming from out of state the only 3 people that have been through this route are
Myself (the rallymaster)
Loren (Checkpoint mastermind)
and Mars_302 (Helper, Photographer)

as each team completes registration, you will be handed a packet that will include route instructions. (if you register early you get your packet sooner, with more time to plan) you should have already received the general instructions. A time slip (this is your scorecard loose it and you will receive maximum penalty for any stages we don't have recorded. and time allowance slip, you use this when you get lost, hit a pig, turn into a cemetery etc.

I am ratcheting the difficulty up for this rally, last event I kinda babied the drivers and gave them a lot of extra instructions This is a DriveX there are several opportunities in this rally where if the driver is not aware of the general instructions you will miss a turn and have to backtrack. I am not Giving keytime reminders, each stage restart is at a NRI. some as much as 7 miles down a given road so pay attention to the control instructions.

when you arrive at a checkpoint the navigator will approach the timing car, the Checkpoint worker will write down the arrival time and an "out time" on your time card. including any time allowance or penalty this out time is your restart at the numbered route instruction given. this will be spelled out in a handout the worker will give your navigator, a big plus is the handout will have the perfect time for that stage so with your time card you can tell what your score for that section was. there will be adequate time and then some to recalculate and get to the Checkpoint exit. there is one checkpoint that is 7 miles in length the time from when you leave the control car to you reach your out instruction is a free zone. travel at a pace you feel comfortable.

this is a bit more difficult as each car will be restarted on a unique time at each restart point. following the car in front of you may get you to your checkpoint a lot more then 300 seconds. early and since we are using seconds in this rally your 300 point maximum penalty is now a +/- 5 min window so expect some close competition

Mike, if you have someone who wants to work sweep fine. sweep teams follow 30 min behind the last car, If you are caught by sweep you are to proceed to lunch or the end of the rally. forfiting those stages.

I hope everyone is up to speed.

Last edited by treekiller; 11-19-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Race Photographer

btw I still a map setup to figure out to to jump around to get ahead
, pm when you get a chance

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 11-20-2007, 03:54 AM
PWN5 J00

Sounds like this event will be great!!! My co-driver was nervious that you might up the rules and throw in a few traps. LOL

I will bring the tow vehicle, we will all be there very early so you will have time to go over the instructions with him.

- Mike
Old 11-20-2007, 04:06 AM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

I sooooo wish I could make it. Team Charles will not be the same without a Charles. I'll be thinking about all of ya'll, but only for a split second. I should be on the "tail of the Dragon" at the same time. Finally, some much needed vacation in the mountains.

The original Team Charles WILL be back next Rally event, and will dominate the roads to cemeteries!!!

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com