Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Your best lap time @ Sebring

Old 09-25-2007, 06:15 AM
Lucky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadRacer
Hey James,

I saw your car out there but didn't get chance to say anything. I was busy adjusting the front camber and fixing an alternator problem.

My best lap is a 2:39
Hp is 200-220 to the rear wheels and the car weighs 2500.

It was nice to meet you Chuck!
I saw you as well, sorry I didnt get a chance to make it over to talk either .

Thanks for posting up your time. These posts have given me a much better idea of where I should be. It may be strange to say, but I have the best dreams in the world - Finding places on this track to be faster. I know I will be in the low 2:40's next time out, and will get faster with each event. I cant wait until next year!

If anyone else has weight/hp/and times, please post them up. Thanks!
It's like this: The toadstool juice fires through the unicorn injector into the fairy dust chamber, where the tiny wizard does his secret work...Then a gang of keebler elves get hopped up on the crystalline byproduct of the wizard's tinkering, (they smoke it) and then the elves push the spinning triangle through a series of dimensional portals to a final realm codenamed the "exhaust port..." At least that's my undersanding of rotary sorcery...
Old 09-25-2007, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by RX007CYM
It may be strange to say, but I have the best dreams in the world - Finding places on this track to be faster. I know I will be in the low 2:40's next time out, and will get faster with each event. I cant wait until next year!
That's the correct mindset. So many people want to throw money at their car in pursuit of quicker lap times, when they're nowhere near driving the car to its potential. Just keep honing your skills, you'll get there.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Lucky

Originally Posted by Loren
That's the correct mindset. So many people want to throw money at their car in pursuit of quicker lap times, when they're nowhere near driving the car to its potential. Just keep honing your skills, you'll get there.
Honestly, this is why I built the car the way I did. If I slapped a boost controller on it, and tuned for 15psi I would be at 500+ rwhp. But I am merely learning and this is my first year (And I dont want to kill myself ). Heeding advice from my father (Been having fun racing for 30 years) and my tuner, it was decided to go conservative so that I can hone in on developing driving skills properly. I am at 7psi and 250rwhp. Loren, thanks as always for the comments.
It's like this: The toadstool juice fires through the unicorn injector into the fairy dust chamber, where the tiny wizard does his secret work...Then a gang of keebler elves get hopped up on the crystalline byproduct of the wizard's tinkering, (they smoke it) and then the elves push the spinning triangle through a series of dimensional portals to a final realm codenamed the "exhaust port..." At least that's my undersanding of rotary sorcery...
Old 09-26-2007, 11:16 PM
"Da Man"

After riding shotgun in your car (2:47) and in the Z06 (2:36) I know you can get a lot more out of your current setup. You've got just as much tire on the ground (although a little less sticky ) and you're car has a pretty decent weight advantage.

If you get on it a little earlier in the corners, trust your rubber on the sweepers, and remember that "rev matching is our friend" I have every confidence you can break into the very low 2:40's maybe 2:30's

I'm no suspension guru either, but I'm pretty sure those coil overs didn't come out the box set up for the track either.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:17 PM
"Da Man"

...If only I could have ridden in that evo... *sigh*

Old 09-27-2007, 10:57 AM

On RA1's + Coilovers, 2:39.

3500lbs worth of car and driver, 275whp. I think that vid is in my signature.

Stock, 2:44 I think. This was my 2nd or 3rd time out.

If I can do another weekend I think I'll be able to get down to a 2:35.

Have been to Sebring a handful of times and first set foot on a race track in October of last year, never drove any sort of sports car before February of last year.

Last edited by djben; 09-27-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Lucky

Thanks DJ!
Old 10-09-2007, 08:19 AM

Integra21 did a 2:29 w/ 140-150 crank hp and street tires

but how?! :hum:
Old 10-09-2007, 08:20 AM

^his first time there.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:00 PM

Long course or short course? (I've never run the short course, don't know what the times should be like for it)