Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Blazing Sandals I A.K.A. "Son Of Treekiller"

Old 04-22-2007, 06:42 PM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only rules in THIS rally are all about being safe. there is nothing illegal except if you get a ticket you are disqualified. and common sense prevails. If we start getting a ton of people start showing up I can bring in diffrent classes but I don't expect more then 15 people to show up for the first one.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Banned

I am very intrigued with this idea and I wish to participate. Please send me some more information on this road rally as I will be in need of something fun to stimulate my mind after Semester Finals. I need to know if there is a date set and maybe some more info on how a road rally works?
Old 04-24-2007, 05:52 AM
legend behind the cowl

Originally Posted by Bjptiburon
I am very intrigued with this idea and I wish to participate. Please send me some more information on this road rally as I will be in need of something fun to stimulate my mind after Semester Finals. I need to know if there is a date set and maybe some more info on how a road rally works?
poke around this site
TSDRoadRally.com

there is some great information. but don't get too overwhelmed. it's a lot simplier once you do it once.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:21 AM

PM me the info+dates on this too Jeff.... I'll see what I'm up to......
Old 04-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Gravel fiend

I'll do this just to make sure I get invited to the Treekiller rally
Old 04-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Banned

How do we get registered and what is the cost of the rally? Also what date will this be held?
Old 04-25-2007, 05:40 AM
legend behind the cowl

we are about 6-8 weeks out since I really can't finalize anything untill I return from one lap. I also am still looking for a club to sanction this event. everyone seems to look up in the air and whistle everytime i mention it.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:58 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Interesting. TSD in general has never stood out as a form of motorsport I much cared to try (I'm bad at math, and directions), but blundering around on what are supposed to be the best driving roads in the area, with a friend shouting directions like the real rally navigators on TV, that sounds like fun. All the better if I avoid getting lost in a swamp never to be seen again. Plus it sounds like it might coincide with my first few paychecks at a summer job and a return to having money for ramen AND racing again.

Keep us updated as the time approaches.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Comprehensive

I did 3 of these up in New England with the NER SCCA. Everyone should give it a try.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Gravel fiend

Originally Posted by Jordan Y.
with a friend shouting directions like the real rally navigators on TV, that sounds like fun.
Its not pace notes like a competition rally ("150 3 left minus tightens don't cut into 6 right opens long over crest"), its more like "Take left at 3rd billboard on right" and "Turn right at 1st St, travel for 2 miles, take left".

Don't get me wrong, I love rally pace notes (in fact, that's how I interpret auto-x courses) but its important to note that there is a (rather large) difference. Its more like reading the directions from Google Maps (or Mapquest if you prefer) from 1 location to another.