Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Instructors needed for BMW Aprill 22nd event

Old 04-03-2007, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instructors needed for BMW Aprill 22nd event

Hi group.

I am looking for about 6 more volunteers to be instructors for the BMW CCAs 2nd Car Control Clinic. This is a Basics class for 1st time drivers, most of the drivers would only have had their Lic for a few months.

We will be teaching basics like hand positioning, Braking exercises, how to handle increasing and decreasing radius turns. Plus a skid pad, teaching them how to handle a sliding/skidding car.

Please let me know ( PM me ) if you are interested.

It’s a great cause, thanks in advance.

B
Old 04-04-2007, 04:23 AM
The Fat Cobra

I did this last year and had a great time. The highlight of the day was getting a shy little girl to break her mom's brand-new v12 BMW 750 on the skid pad. She started the day scared and finished it by having her mom's car towed. I would participate this year, but I will be out of town.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:48 AM

I'm in.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:47 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Originally Posted by Muddy
I did this last year and had a great time. The highlight of the day was getting a shy little girl to break her mom's brand-new v12 BMW 750 on the skid pad. She started the day scared and finished it by having her mom's car towed. I would participate this year, but I will be out of town.
I remember her . all that time her mom just sat quietly and calmly in the back reading a paper or something when they came through my area

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production