Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Anyone here have a racing license?

Old 02-02-2007, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah seems like time will be the deciding factor in not making it this year. Next year is always a possibility. Black forest said it would be roughly 15k a seat after we got our license. So i guess i will focus on that this year.....run some track days with a club. Then maybe in 08 run in a "big" event. This shit is worse than GT4 with all the licenses

Last edited by LuckyH; 02-02-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by LuckyH
This shit is worse than GT4 with all the licenses
Yeah, but wouldn't it suck if they let just any rich guy with a wad of money "compete" and he took out your favorite race car driver in the first lap?

While video games are certainly good practice, real cars on real race tracks are much less forgiving.

There's a reason for all that licensing.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:34 AM
legend behind the cowl

However, yes Panoz Skip barber, that is your fast track, for ~$3-$4,000 you can take a 4 day and they are reconigized by most any sactioning body. SCCA for example will let you get a club level license after showing credentials of completeing one of these courses.

It's a good place to start since they have all kinds of people in the schools from actors to real race car drivers. so they can start you off slow. and build it up over 4 days. Panoz and others also offer Driver Coaching services. where you can hire the same instructor usually a professional or retired race driver to do the events with you.

Club track days are great but the instruction is no-where near what a personalized training agenda can acheive. If you need work on somthing you need work and a personal instructor might spend a whole day on whatever you need.

I have been Driving competition events for over 10 years and I still get the rundown when I go with a new instructor. hands feet, what do you do in a spin, what are the flags. etc. A personalized Coach would be an awesome thing for me, at this point. However what is nice is with Loren driving with me now it's a great sounding board for Ideas.