Funny picture sequence from Sebring

Old 01-24-2007, 08:25 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh the joy that must of have been for that driver of the bmw

good story to tell in the future

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 01-25-2007, 05:22 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by RoadRacer
Nice pictures, a lot of people get the carousel wrong..... including this guy At least he was ok.

I should have my car back together in the next 2 weeks.

Charles J are you going to run any NASA time trials this year?
I was intending on it, however my car selection may have changed, so I have to get that sorted.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:30 AM
legend behind the cowl

does anyone have the link to bimmersport.net??? I cannot find it..
Old 01-25-2007, 08:43 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Sorry, its bmwsport.net
Old 01-25-2007, 10:55 AM
has whippled VTEC

Wow he's gonna have to gut that car just to clean it.Great pictures though.Really contemplating getting involved in events like this.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:18 PM
Has dyslexia and A.D.D

Nice pictures man,really like the 997 porshe,and the sti looks mean as hell trying to reel that 996 in.

Originally Posted by osama tim laden
you sound upset.
not enough time starring into the mirror telling yourself how awesome you are today?
Old 01-31-2007, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Loren
Good pix! I was there, too. Jeff (the Treekiller) and I were in the Orange Sentra. Did you happen to get any shots of us?

You need to send that sequence to the course worker chief. That dude got that yellow flag out in a fraction of a second!
I saw you guys out there. Just checked my video and you waved me by to pass after turn 16. I was running the car in my sig, car #419 I think it was.

Overall a very few number of cars got into accidents considering there were 300+ signed up for the event.

There were way too many in the student groups though, I really made a big mistake signing up for that group instead of getting in solo (A friend who is a racing vet was signed up as an instructor, wanted him in the car with me for a few laps)... I will probably stick with CHIN or SAFE in the future for track events as opposed to PBOC due to very limited track time and high traffic. Next time I'll be at Sebring at this point will be in April. Winterfest as an event to attend was fun though

Last edited by djben; 01-31-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by djben
I saw you guys out there. Just checked my video and you waved me by to pass after turn 16.
Yeah, we're friendly that way.

Every now and then, it's a tough call, though. A higher powered car with a known slower driver will catch up to you when you hit traffic, you feel obligated to point them by for the straight after 16... but you know as sure as you do that you'll be all over them outbraking them at turn 17... and turn 1... and turn 3... and turn 5... and... if you're lucky, they'll wise up and point you by again before the hairpin.

I usually opt to take 16 as best I can and not give up anything at all until I see that the car behind has nailed turn 16 and is indeed gaining on me. Sometimes even the fast cars will blow 16 and not be able to catch up.

Such a compicated game this whole HPDE game is!

I ran in the Solo sessions on Sunday, the traffic was a bit lighter, but better than that, the traffic was MOVING. The student sessions (I ran the first two of those on Saturday) were way overcrowded, and with too many seriously novice drivers. They claimed that there were no complete newbs out there, but I don't think I believe it. The first session was about as much fun as rush hour traffic!

I heard that the typical PBOC event is much less crowded. We might give them a try again. Not sure I'll ever sign up for Winterfest again, though. That was a cluster!