Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

CFR West June autocross finally scheduled

Old 06-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Now with less suck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation CFR West June autocross finally scheduled

Sorry for the late notice on this one, those that have been watching know that we ran into trouble with our Sebring event and have had to scramble to get an event scheduled for June.

The event is scheduled for June 18th and 19th. Due to the short notice I feel that it would be unfair to make this a double points event weekend, as such we'll run the more familiar Saturday practice, Sunday points event format.

I'll be short by a couple of my regulars for setting things up in the morning, so anyone that wants to arrive at 7:00 to help setup can be assured of their choice of work assignment during the heats.

Gate opens at 7:00 and closes at 9:00. Registration opens as soon as we have the computers setup and closes at 9:00. Late registration, subject to a $10 late fee will be open until 9:15. Drivers meeting at 9:40, first car off by about 10:00 AM.

Check myautoevents for the registration page. It may not be up until tomorrow evening as all of this is happening rather quickly. Remember that if your name is not on the list generated by myautoevents, we cannot allow you on site. This goes for guests as well. Being an airport site, this is a mandatory requirement imposed by the department of homeland security, so please direct your complaints accordingly. Being on the list is not an obligation to attend, so feel free to list any guests that might show up.

Despite the short notice I expect that we'll still have a fun event with lots of runs available to all. Saturday's course will most likely be a stretched out version of the last Saturday course. If we get a turnout on Saturday that indicates the ability to support a longer course, we'll try to run a 60+ second course on Sunday.

As always we're looking to expand our core team of event workers. We have positions available for a trophy manager, chief of tech inspection, and we're also considering rotating the event chair duties among members. Please see me at an event if you're interesting in commiting some time to help make the club better, it is greatly appreciated.

Hope to see you there!
Old 06-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Sub-$1000 STX

Woo Woo
Old 06-02-2005, 10:44 AM
OUCH!!!

Originally Posted by mrf582
Woo Woo

everyone at all the workerstations, please keep an eye on the WRX...
Old 06-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Sub-$1000 STX

Originally Posted by Leonard
everyone at all the workerstations, please keep an eye on the WRX...

IIRC you had me beat when it came to spins the last time out.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:51 AM
OUCH!!!

IIRC you had me beat when it came to spins the last time out.
Yeah, but one of us goes both feet in and gets the car under control. The other tries to save it and goes careening across the course and into the grass.

And for christ sake... WTF are you doing to spin an AWD car????
Old 06-02-2005, 11:42 AM
The Hoff

Yeah, but one of us goes both feet in and gets the car under control. The other tries to save it and goes careening across the course and into the grass.

wtf are you doing to spin a FFR?!!??

jfwy, drove one of those a couple months ago... I can't imagine trying to autocross one... maybe it was just because I wasn't used to the awkward shifter and brakes that require 1000 lbs of force... oh yea, and 1900lbs being pushed by a built 302... my impression was that when you mash the throttle the car is going to go where it wants to go... light counter-steering will keep it somewhat straight definitely a fun car to drive.

2009 Ford Escape - Stock Toy Hauler/DD

2007 Lexus RX350 - Stock Wife Hauler

2009 Kosmic - The Toy - 125cc Vortex Super Rok TAG, (For Sale - $2800)

2007 Intrepid Silverstone - The Faster Toy - CR125 6-Speed
Old 06-02-2005, 01:41 PM
Sub-$1000 STX

ride with me next time. i'll show you how to spin an awd car.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:58 PM
OUCH!!!

ride with me next time. i'll show you how to spin an awd car.
I don't doubt you've figured out how to spin it... The question is how could the kind of input you have to give the car to make it spin possibly make you any faster.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:17 PM
who stole my intercooler?

it's actually quite easy to do, you just gotta know when you're at the limit of the car/tires & not go beyond it. lift throttle oversteer has killed many a wrx