Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

SunRiders AutoX - 11/20/2004 - Wrap-up

Old 11-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Runs good....Sometimes.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow my car was ass happy as ever but soooo contolable on the slide it was scarey i couldnt believe how well my car handled sideways. well next on the list is coilovers so i can stick it in the corner better see you guys next time.
Boredom owns me.

its like negative penguin outside this is bullshit. -Angela
Old 12-01-2004, 05:43 AM

Originally posted by nunyo
I noticed that all of the STi drivers were scrubbing speed in the corners.
This STi driver was testing his ABS for the very first time so all my corner entries were ugly. Once I learn the brakes it hopefully will improve a bunch. I was pretty happy with a mid 39 for my first autox in the car though. Can't wait to get the OEM tires off and some better ones on. Need to get a more aggressive alignment too. The car has tons-o-potential to go with the tons-o-weight.
*Now driving the Boxy Rocket, Moving Target and Sunburn
Old 12-01-2004, 09:40 AM
Runs good....Sometimes.

head over to cars and concepts for a good alignment
Boredom owns me.

its like negative penguin outside this is bullshit. -Angela
Old 12-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Livin' in Seattle

Originally posted by nunyo
I hope my input is not unwelcome. I noticed that all of the STi drivers were scrubbing speed in the corners. (This is something that I still struggle with from time to time.) You might try backing off on the entry speed so you can be on the gas sooner. The car is only going to go around a corner so fast, if you get in too fast it'll scrub the speed by sliding the front wheels sideways. If you go in under the highest speed for that corner you can get on the gas sooner. As I understand it the STi will actually oversteer a bit under power, if you can get on it early enough you should be able to do a slight power slide out and have higher straightaway speeds.
Well with the car seeing only one auto-x and having only ~2,000 miles on the clock, I wasn't really aiming for a fast time. I was more concerned with getting a feel for the car. Seeing how much entry speed I could get away with, playing with the throttle in the corners, etc. Once I get the hang of this car I'll work on getting my times down.

abnormalmiata - Hey, thanks for letting my brother jump in for a ride along. By the time he showed up my run group was already over. Appreciate it.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:06 PM

I had lots of fun at the event, regardless of the great puffs of smoke and lack of power. I really liked the course layout, especially the traffic circle and decreasing radius turns. From what I saw, I think I was the only FWD that used the handbrake on the traffic circle for a better exit.

Placing 27 out of 56 and 2nd in Street Tire Novice ain't bad when you got 56 whp SOHC non VTEC power.

Last edited by crxsol; 12-15-2004 at 04:11 PM.