Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Club Sponsorship

Old 11-05-2003, 01:46 PM
who stole my intercooler?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

loren, did you research any of his posts???
Old 11-05-2003, 03:35 PM

Originally posted by mofugga
loren, did you research any of his posts???
Didn't have to. I've seen enough of them to know he's not full of shit.

(You're never going to let me live that dumb-ass episode down, are you? The sad thing is that I already don't remember half of the story.)
Old 11-05-2003, 05:03 PM
Northeast = No Autox

Default hot chick and car

So are we saying that a chick that doesn't have the mentality past a 16 year old, but that is really hot and likes you cause of your car is a bad thing. Hmm me thinks that is great. Cause then when you get to that stage of not wanting to be with her anymore, instead of having her hate you and steal and break your stuff when you break up with her, you can just hide the car at a buddies place and say you had to sell it cause you were broke. Then no confrontation, she just dumps you like the cold *&#(% that she is. Emm if only it would work. Exxxxcellent!!!
Old 11-06-2003, 09:13 AM
F K D

I had a blast driving a Miata. I never thought I'd say that. Wow, Miata's really are great cars....it wasn't all hype. Zoom zoom.
<----- Quote from July, when I had a chance to drive a "chick" car.

T.Morrow

Last edited by OversteerS2K; 11-06-2003 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:15 AM

Personally, I liked Loren's comment about being into women with a mental age past 16...

...which was promptly followed by use of the word "chick".

LOL! That's classic!!
Old 11-06-2003, 01:49 PM
F K D

Back on track here:

How about tuners like Secret Services, XAT, Racing Zone, etc.

HondaLand is pretty serious about aftermarket garb, they may be worth contacting.

Have you thought about getting car dealers to sponsor a helmet? O.K., it sounds weak, but when I was a kid we had a kart series and every loaner (actually rental) helmet had a car dealer's name on it. I guess maybe the dealer had to buy the helmet for the group...Maybe $100 for your logo on a helmet all year?

Maybe some soft-drink maufacturer bent on having their product recognized as "cool", like Red Bull, Sobe, Amp, etc.

...dunno...

T.Morrow
Old 11-06-2003, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by OversteerS2K
Back on track here:
Thanks.

How about tuners like Secret Services, XAT, Racing Zone, etc.
HondaLand is pretty serious about aftermarket garb, they may be worth contacting.
Excellent idea. The purpose of this thread was to generate contact info for places like that. It's usually easier to get somewhere when you "know somebody". So far, you have offered to help with Courtesy, and I did get a PM from one of the local tuner outfits.

But, even if we don't get contacts, tidbits like the above are helpful.
Have you thought about getting car dealers to sponsor a helmet? O.K., it sounds weak, but when I was a kid we had a kart series and every loaner (actually rental) helmet had a car dealer's name on it. I guess maybe the dealer had to buy the helmet for the group...Maybe $100 for your logo on a helmet all year?
No, I never thought of that. Very cool idea! We have 8 loaner helmets and are looking to purchase another two for next season. 10 helmets at $100 each would be a welcome chunk of change. I think we'll try to pursue that angle further.
Maybe some soft-drink maufacturer bent on having their product recognized as "cool", like Red Bull, Sobe, Amp, etc.
...dunno...
I believe soft drink (and beer) distributors have become too bureaucratic to get very far with. I could be wrong there, that's just what I've heard. I've not pushed those buttons myself.

Keep the ideas coming, and if anyone has anything to add, I'm listening.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:12 AM
F K D

Arrange for some lowly staff reporter/photographer from The St. Pete. Times's "Lifestyles", or equivalent, section come out to do a little story and print a picture. If they aren't interested you need to set up a charity event, even if only a small percentage is actually gong to charity. I'll bet you'd have no problem getting a paper or local T.V. news broadcast out then.

Once that is solidified you should have a great angle to pitch. If some of these corporate greed mongers know that their bucks will translate into, near future, public exposure - you may have a good shot at real dollars and a somewhat respectable name printed on everything...

T.Morrow
Old 11-08-2003, 10:46 AM
F K D

How about a local business that makes decals and magnets. I had my magnets made at FastSigns. It seems like there should be some interest there. Autocrossers need magnets. And maybe you could help that by requiring magents for entry - shoe polish sucks! You'd have to pre-register all of the Primus events, though.

T.Morrow
Old 11-09-2003, 04:31 PM
bucket

Originally posted by OversteerS2K
How about a local business that makes decals and magnets. I had my magnets made at FastSigns. It seems like there should be some interest there. Autocrossers need magnets. And maybe you could help that by requiring magents for entry - shoe polish sucks! You'd have to pre-register all of the Primus events, though.
A good idea, but SR already uses magnets
They have a bunch that they hand out as loaners for each car.
I would like some magnets for myself though, otherwise I think I'll burn through that blue masking tape next season.