Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

••••> My stereo build thread, pics of everything

Old 07-23-2009, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ••••> My stereo build thread, pics of everything

ok so like i have mentioned in other threads i have 2003 Mitsubishi eclipse GTS convertible.

The system so far will be:

(2) JL 12w6v2's
JL slash 1000.1 amp (BRAND NEW/ UN-USED)
stinger 1 farad compositor

I HAVE SPENT $650 ON THE SUBS/AMP AND COMPOSITOR... i got a good deal i think?

things i will be adding:

double din head unit ( been looking at the pioneer 3100) tapped in the stock amp and speakers
custom build ported box built to JL spec
trunk rapped in dyno matt or whatever stops the rattling
extra battery relocated in the trunk
possibly adding a port in the back seat
bass knob
and maybe something that will show me the volts digitally in the front of the car - i just think its cool

So i have been talking to some installers and have gotten some good estaminets, for the work list above with a new double din i have been quoted any where from $1500 - $820 (the lower ones not including a port in the back seat and the extra battery install...) but alot of the shops sayi don't need those anyway...

please tell me what you think i can do to improve what i want or anything you thing will make it better/louder, i want the most bass as possible

pics of what i got now:

the car:

So i have been talking to some installers and have gotten some good estaminets, for the work list above with a new double din i have been quoted any where from $1500 - $820 (the lower ones not including a port in the back seat...) but alot of the guys say i don't need it anyway...

just to let you know this car has a very good alarm with all the goodies and the system will be installed will thief prevention in mind, I.e. box build in the car with no way to get the subs out, with out ruining them, mounting the amp where you can't get to it with out removing the box and using special screws to bolt it down,

PS i will be moving back to jersey soon and thief is so bad up there i have to do all this stuff

Last edited by Lime_Green_Hatch; 07-23-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:40 PM
I ♥ ♫

Compositor FTW.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:28 PM

are those quotes for the installs????? if so holy fucking hell!!

get in contact with gradeA_tyrefryer(sp?)
Old 07-23-2009, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by alphabets
Compositor FTW.
CAPACITOR - THERE YOU GO DICKHEAD, WHY DON'T YOU GET A LIFE OTHER THEN SEARCHING TR FOR MISSPELLED WORDS... YOU ARE SUCH A TOOL...GUYS LIKE YOU HAVE NO PERSONALITY AND GUYS LIKE ME TAKE WHATEVER GIRL YOU GET TO HANG OUT WITH YOU CAUSE THEY FEEL BAD FOR YOU... WHEN GIRLS TALK ABOUT THROWING GUYS A PITTY FUCK - THEIR TALKING ABOUT YOU MAN.. GET OFF THE NET YOU SPELL CHECK NAZI AND GET A LIFE.!.!

THE QUOTES FROM THE CHEAPEST SHOP BRAKES DOWN LIKE THIS:

---- NEW HEAD UNIT, DOUBLE DIN (PIONEER 3100) .................................................. ............... $355
---- RADIO INSTALL .................................................. .................................................. ........ $65
---- AMP WIRE KIT AND INSTALL (FUSE, 4 GUAGE WIRE, RCA'S) ................................................. $100
---- INSTALL THE THING TO WATCH DVD'S WHILE DRIVING .................................................. ..... $20
---- THING TO TIE INTO THE STOCK AMP AND SPEAKERS .................................................. ........ $20
---- PORTED/VENTED (BOX WITH SLOT PORTS, CARPETED) BUILT TO JL SPEC FOR 2 12W6V2's ........ $125
---- CAP INSTALLED .................................................. .................................................. ........ $25
---- DYNO MATT SHEETS INSTALLED IN TRUNK WHERE NEEDED & OTHER SMALL PEICES I NEED ....... $60
---- TOTAL .................................................. .................................................. .................... $770

SO THATS EVERYTHING just about everything I NEED DONE AND THE SHOP THAT QUOTED ME IS AVE WAREHOUSE AND THEY SHOWED ME SOME OF THE WORK THEY DID AND IT WAS REALLY GOOD THEY CAN DO ALMOST ANYTHING...

I DID TALK TO gradeA HE SAID HE CAN BUILD ME A BOX...
I WILL BE GOING TO see TO HIM SOON

Last edited by Lime_Green_Hatch; 07-24-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:24 PM

Nice seen you a QSL tonight in the hatch !
Old 07-23-2009, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by AllShowNoGo
Nice seen you a QSL tonight in the hatch !

this is my daily drive/wife's car.. i wish i could dump this money in to the hatch...but whatever its running like a top, how is your teg doing what's the last thing you did to it

what the hell man, you didn't even say whats up, I'm going to the riverveiw meet tomorrow with lexus on dubs, you should ride out with us..

if you haven't been there its a good size meet.

Last edited by Lime_Green_Hatch; 07-23-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:33 PM
I ♥ ♫

You should appreciate that I took the time to read your whole post(and also notice compositor twice). I'm glad I got a whole paragraph dedicated to me though, it's an honor. Since you took so much time to talk all that crap I suggest taking the time to look up all of my posts and see all the other times I pointed out peoples typos.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:07 PM

why do you do it, its so annoying i would of found it soon or later, the spell check spelled it that way both times.. i'm dyslectic, picking on me for not spelling correctly is like making fun of a guy in a wheelchair trying to roll up steps! i need spell check like you need a life!!!

spell check nazi's are gay... point still stands you should want a better life then patrolling the TR for misspelled words

Old 07-23-2009, 11:19 PM

alphabets this is just for you, FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!!!!, GET A LIFE

Old 07-24-2009, 05:55 AM

I am only going to throw this in there once. When it comes to installation, you get what you pay for. Established shops that have a ton of real-world referrals are not always going to be the cheapest, but they are also usually not the most expensive. There are allot of shops that have a 300 page book of "their" installs-yet the owner is 22 and has been in business for a year. Luke and GradeA here will tell you about real-world situations where these nice looking portfolios are actually stuff that was done at a shop they USED to work at, or they stole the pics of some obscure site on the internet.

Really good installers with proper training are not cheap. You pay for their knowledge, the quality of the job, and the speed of turn-around. Real-world referrals from vehicle owners and established shops that have weathered this economy just fine are what get's the business. I know you are hearing a million ideas-and I really don't care whose shop you have work done at, I just would hate for you to become a victim of "the cheapest" work you can get done. Inevitably, one of us here will once again end up cleaning up someone elses mess. There are endless threads relating to this (some with pics) right here in this forum.

Just be careful is all I am saying...

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"