Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

••••> My stereo build thread, pics of everything

Old 08-08-2009, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ohh and i forgot to mention. people who get the jl amps for the first time still have the mentality that knobs turned to the right are higher and better. The setting on your JL amp need to be properly tuned and takes time. some of the setting need to be on the low 1/4 side depending on type of box,if its in a car or open hatch.

once agin another reason to love this amp. go d-load the manual and start reading!
Old 08-08-2009, 01:03 PM

ok so today was i was riding to the gun show and i hooked up the ipod and it sounded way louder then the cd/dvd's i have made, so really its starting to grow on me and now listening to it thought the ipod its soooo much loader/better/clearer then my other system with the 2 hx2's i use to have.

i still want you to hear it luke and thanks for the offer, are you off on sundays cause my wife uses the car till 7 mon-thurs during the week.. but sat and sunday i'm off, i will bring my camera and take pics of my setup while you are checking it out and i will make a video of how it sounds after you are done and post it on here,

what do you guys think i can do to my electrical system, will you be able to tell if an extra little stinger batter for the trunk would be fine or if i will have to replace the whole alternator, i don't think that capacitor i have does a damn thing
Old 08-08-2009, 01:38 PM

what battery do you have now? and yes capacitors suck balls they are old school and IMO worthless.

look like you might have burned an mp3 cd and not a regular audio cd. cd's are the cleanest of the clean when it comes to music. When you burn it from WMP or itunes just make sure your burning an audio cd. you cant fit as many songs but you get better sq
Old 08-08-2009, 02:23 PM

i downloaded music videos from itunes and put them on a burnable dvd, that way you can watch them too, but they didn't sound that good and they take foreverrrrrrr to burn, now i have red top battery

as soon as i get the video cord for the ipod i will be able to watch videos from my ipod and i will be interested to see if they sound alot better to
Old 08-08-2009, 02:54 PM
I ♥ ♫

Originally Posted by Taco15
man those amps are power hungry. your setting must be off or something. Also check the ohm load. alot of times if you get end up with a high ohm load you dont get as loud. 4ohm setting should still pound.

ohh and were you refering to the an external bas knob? If so be careful. thats not the gain. make sure you head unit setting are correct and not to high for your subs. Also make sure you rca outputs are connected to the sub rca's (also called non fader sometimes).

you should be slamming in a 1.5 per sub box
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Don't listen to this guy Lime Green. If you don't know EXACTLY how to tune an amp, take it to a professional. After that, don't fuck with it. They're called professionals for a reason and that reason is that they know what they are doing and will have your setup performing at its best without breaking shit.

Whoever you bring it to, have them look at the grounding wire(s). Was the big 3 upgraded too? Is your box bolted to the (sub)frame and/or body? Was any sound dampener installed? Surprisingly, these couple things can GREATLY increase the sound of your stereo.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:20 PM

i had the trunk lid dyno matted and the big 3 were not upgraded i will have luke81 look at it as soon as i can meet with him
Old 08-10-2009, 05:00 AM

I'm here till 3 on Saturdays, and till 6 during the week. Not here most sundays, only if there is a big job that needs done.

In regard to the ipod being louder than CD's, did you mean just overall it gets louder regardless of volume setting or it's louder at a specific volume number?

My opinion on caps is this: They are effective if you are right on the edge of already having enough current. If you're having no dimming or voltage drop issues most of the time, and just now and then during that one hit you get a tiny drop, then a cap can help. But anything more than that the cap just can't do anything about it. A cap doesn't provide any more reserve current for long periods of time, a cap is meant to be very quickly drained then allowed to recharge before draining again.
727-573-2626
www.audioexpertonline.com

Audio Expert's Facebook site

Old 08-10-2009, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by luke81
I'm here till 3 on Saturdays, and till 6 during the week. Not here most sundays, only if there is a big job that needs done.

In regard to the ipod being louder than CD's, did you mean just overall it gets louder regardless of volume setting or it's louder at a specific volume number?

My opinion on caps is this: They are effective if you are right on the edge of already having enough current. If you're having no dimming or voltage drop issues most of the time, and just now and then during that one hit you get a tiny drop, then a cap can help. But anything more than that the cap just can't do anything about it. A cap doesn't provide any more reserve current for long periods of time, a cap is meant to be very quickly drained then allowed to recharge before draining again.
This^.. Caps are looked down on though in most car audio forums.. batteries are much better solutions.. an hc 600 is a very small battery but will do much much better than a cap