Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Help! Indash E-brake sensor BS!

Old 04-19-2009, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That radio has to be a knock off of another model somewhere-I have never heard of it (flea market/eBay special?). It is still hackable.

The only thing I could find on it is one little blurp that is was made around 2004. So most likely, it is going to be just a grounding of the e-brake wire-whatever color that will be.

Just post pics of it (turned on if possible). Also include a pic of the wire harness. I am sure I can figure it out if you provide those pics...

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"

Last edited by MCOR; 04-19-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:58 PM
is better than you™

you could always try trial and error, fire it up with each wire stripped down a touch and start grounding wires till the warning goes away. and i'd put a test light or meter on them to make sure you you don't ground something thats a hot wire

Old 04-19-2009, 06:25 PM

did you look closely on the wires? they might say what they are..? think you probably did that already though.. just a suggestion
Old 04-19-2009, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by jriggs
you could always try trial and error, fire it up with each wire stripped down a touch and start grounding wires till the warning goes away. and i'd put a test light or meter on them to make sure you you don't ground something thats a hot wire
Yeah i already read on the wires nothing there.
I also did this. I know which wire it is and i did get the message to go away, but it still doesnt make the movie show!
Maybe i should just take it to best buy with my car. I heard they would install it for like 30 bucks?
If anyone is local and would want to give it a shot be my guest!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:29 PM

it really would help with a model.. like my f900bt i had to move a wire in the harness to a different spot and ground it.. some models say they need a toggle switch.. all kinds of stuff.. need a model number or something..
Old 04-19-2009, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kyleisme
it really would help with a model.. like my f900bt i had to move a wire in the harness to a different spot and ground it.. some models say they need a toggle switch.. all kinds of stuff.. need a model number or something..
posted in the original post at the bottom already mang.
If someone wants to make it work, Ill sell it for 100.
Like i said, It powers up and plays music, I just dont know how to get it off the e brake safety mode.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:30 PM

is there a reset button for it?
Old 04-20-2009, 07:28 AM
Hey its that guy!!

Could be the video input is shot...

had a alpine flipout that i could get the warning off... but would never show video.. opened it up and the video input trace was fried off the motherboard..
Old 04-20-2009, 09:27 AM

This guy told me he pulled it out and it was fine though.
This had been installed in another vehicle by best buy and was working when it came out i was told.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Hey its that guy!!

Sadly... but thats what everyone says...

"well it worked when i used it..." thats how i got conned on the fried alpine flip out.

and got stuck with a valor flipout with a bad dvd player and a fried internal amp..

Thank god for people like to buy broken shit on ebay.. Sold it telling them they are damaged and they sell well