Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Decision time

Old 02-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Registered Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decision time

As most of you know I have been debating speaker box designs and whether or not I should use 1 or both 12" Kicker CVR woofers. I recently saw the Bazooka Bass Tubes. I would just get an 8" they have a built in amp and a box that is easy to move if you have to and its light. I think the best one at like $300 puts out 200watt rms at 4ohm. For another $100 they have a double ended. I heard the smaller subs are more responsive which is better sound quality. Now will 200watt rms be enough in my trunk to fill in that low end where the other speakers cant reach? Or am I wasting my money?

Last edited by FoxHondaRider; 02-28-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Motha Fawking Baby Maker

Originally Posted by FoxHondaRider
I am wasting my money?
Dont do it...just get a JL8w7 & a JL1000/1 and you will be set!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Registered Hater

The main concern is space. The 12's seem to take up so much trunk space. The Bazooka tube is clyindrical encloser and takes up less space. I want my trunk clean looking when i open it not huge sub boxes.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:49 PM
King of Ricers

fiberglass

Old 02-28-2009, 06:41 PM

the wattage is not going to help a bazooka 8" hit the low notes...the speaker itself just can't do it, so if I were you, sounds like you need trunk space and don't really care too much how loud it is, i would go with it...
Old 02-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Registered Hater

Originally Posted by Notladstyle
fiberglass
are you saying to buil a fiberglass encloser? If thats the case what will that solve?
Old 02-28-2009, 10:48 PM
coolest dude ever

I dont do much speed or performance, but I do all audio... So when someone wants to put a Bazooka bass tube in their car it makes me want to cry.

To put it into terms that you would understand, imagine someone having a pretty nice and fast sports car. They know they want to do modification to their car, but not sure what. They cant decide on a huge turbo system which would give a ton of power (the 2 Kickers in a nice box) or a used Walmart cold air intake out of a friends car (the Bazooka bass tube).

Dont do it. Those Bazooka tubes, and any other Bazooka product sucks. I would say its similar in quality to the APC Racing Walmart brand, but the Walmart brand of engine mods are probably a higher quality than the Bazooka products.

If you dont wanna use alot of space, build a little .75 cubic foot sealed box for 1 of the 12s, and stuff the box full of Polyfill. A single Kicker 12 will give you ten times more bass and infinitely better sound than a Bazooka tube.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by galacticmonkey
I dont do much speed or performance, but I do all audio... So when someone wants to put a Bazooka bass tube in their car it makes me want to cry.

To put it into terms that you would understand, imagine someone having a pretty nice and fast sports car. They know they want to do modification to their car, but not sure what. They cant decide on a huge turbo system which would give a ton of power (the 2 Kickers in a nice box) or a used Walmart cold air intake out of a friends car (the Bazooka bass tube).

Dont do it. Those Bazooka tubes, and any other Bazooka product sucks. I would say its similar in quality to the APC Racing Walmart brand, but the Walmart brand of engine mods are probably a higher quality than the Bazooka products.

If you dont wanna use alot of space, build a little .75 cubic foot sealed box for 1 of the 12s, and stuff the box full of Polyfill. A single Kicker 12 will give you ten times more bass and infinitely better sound than a Bazooka tube.

I just said for him to get it because:

A) he doesn't seem like he knows enough about car audio to build his own box built to the specs of a certain sub

B) doesn't seem like he really cares about how loud it is, and probably is someone who doesn't wanna spend more than $300 for a full system
Old 03-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Registered Hater

Your right I dont care about how loud it is I want it to just sound good. I hate big bass and trunk rattler systems. Is that okay to use a box .75 cubic feet when the minimum recommended is 1?

Last edited by FoxHondaRider; 03-01-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:22 AM
All American, rice eater!

you all ready have the 12's - just glass a box in the corner, it would take up no space and sound just fine. plus it would not weigh anything.