Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Lincoln TC head unit in A/C control

Old 08-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Effin Chevy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lincoln TC head unit in A/C control

ive seen a lot of Town Cars (95 - 97) with the head unit relocated to the AC control hole in the dash. does anyone here know what it takes to do this? i just dont want to tear into my dash until i know what im getting into.

o and my skill lever is high intermediate. im not a pro by any means, but not novice either. let me know.

-rusty
Old 08-19-2007, 03:39 PM
isuck

probably some kickass fiberglassing/bondo/vinyling ability(ies).
LOGIC? You seriously want to invoke logic in a conversation about fake hijackings, missiles hitting the pentagon, and bombs planted throughout the world trade center? I thought it was a given that logic was checked at the door when entering one of these threads.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Effin Chevy

nah bro the stock spot for the ac is the same size as a single din HU, and then the AC controld are relocated to the glove box, basically so i can put a 7" screen in the factory radio spot. anyways, heres the dash...
Lincoln Car Photos Page Five
lol quick altavista image search - obviously not my dash

anyways, whats up bro? i havent been on in months.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:17 PM
isuck

Originally Posted by BilletZ31
nah bro the stock spot for the ac is the same size as a single din HU, and then the AC controld are relocated to the glove box, basically so i can put a 7" screen in the factory radio spot. anyways, heres the dash...
Lincoln Car Photos Page Five
lol quick altavista image search - obviously not my dash

anyways, whats up bro? i havent been on in months.
I don't really see much problem swapping spots then? Maybe might have to make brackets in case the holes don't line up and might have to extend some cables a bit, but I don't see much problem then.

I see that, how's the Z been? Please tell me this Lincoln is just going to be your DD and not replacing your Z!?
LOGIC? You seriously want to invoke logic in a conversation about fake hijackings, missiles hitting the pentagon, and bombs planted throughout the world trade center? I thought it was a given that logic was checked at the door when entering one of these threads.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Effin Chevy

the z is gone. went thru 3 trannys... thought long about puttin 5 spd swap, and then some old guy wanted it blown up and traded me the linc. i put paint on it and 2k in alpine and now its my new toy :/ but i am not out of the nissan game. more datsuns to come
Old 08-19-2007, 04:51 PM
isuck

the z is gone. went thru 3 trannys... thought long about puttin 5 spd swap, and then some old guy wanted it blown up and traded me the linc. i put paint on it and 2k in alpine and now its my new toy :/ but i am not out of the nissan game. more datsuns to come
I'm out of the nissan game... No Z32 for me, I decided to just get a brand new car,

<------ under my handle name.

So I guess I'm just a mazda boy now.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Effin Chevy

dude...those are hot. absolutely bad. know what im most impressed with? the mazdaspeed 3. effin 150mph car for like 25k.... thats hot.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:17 AM
Just Ledoux it!

From what I know, it's just a wiring harness, vacuum line and a small cable. I've read a few tutorials on various a/c relocations, and if it is the way most of them are, you can just extend what needs to extend.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:34 AM

dude...those are hot. absolutely bad. know what im most impressed with? the mazdaspeed 3. effin 150mph car for like 25k.... thats hot.
Yeah, haha if it wasnt for the AWD and the general interior/exterior design of the MS6 that I like so much, I would have grabbed the MS3 in a heartbeat.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Effin Chevy

yeah i hear it. and thanks 93ex. i understand the relocation and extending of wiring harnesses part, its simply i have been into like hundreds of dashes in the body business, and i do not know how much of a bitch it is to get even that deep into it.