Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Antenna Install on a 95 4 door Accord

Old 04-24-2006, 07:14 AM
Hang on Sloopy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Antenna Install on a 95 4 door Accord

can anyone tell me how to install a new antenna. Not the motor, just the antenna itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:44 AM
King of Ricers

if its motorized then you will need to dissasemble the motor and remove the ols mast and cable. you will need someone to turn the radio on while you feed the new mast into it.

Old 04-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Hang on Sloopy

Originally Posted by NoTLaDStyle
if its motorized then you will need to dissasemble the motor and remove the ols mast and cable. you will need someone to turn the radio on while you feed the new mast into it.
how much work is actually involved in that? I'm limited on tools and have no clue how to disassemble the motor
Old 04-24-2006, 02:45 PM
King of Ricers

Originally Posted by Patrick
how much work is actually involved in that? I'm limited on tools and have no clue how to disassemble the motor

Its usually just philips or some torq screw bit. The main poblem is not losing any parts and putting it back together in the exact same method. also be sure to lubricate the gears.

ehh i did it on a call in 2 hours with basic tools and it was raining so I had to hold an umbrella. in the sun it shouldnt take more than 30 minutes to pull it apart, remove the old mast/cable, put it back together and feed the new mast into it.

You do have to be carefull though, if you dont feed it correctly you will get a clisking sound and you could break teeth off the loading gear.